Way too much TW CSA/SA

Started by Saluki, October 01, 2023, 05:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saluki

Hey Desert Flower,
That's interesting that you feel that ability to distance yourself too. I hadn't thought to try writing about my trauma in another language. It's great that you find things easier to process in English as your second language.
I forget words in English all the time, hey we have forgetting words from our first language in common. I actually didn't notice English is not your first language. Your English is great.

Chart

Saluki, whatever works and helps go with it.

It wasn't apparent to me that neither you nor Desert Flower were not native English speakers by your writing. Honest! :)

Desert Flower

Thank you Saluki and Chart for the compliment :disappear: 

Desert Flower

Hi Saluki, it's really strange but I only just now read the beginning of this thread. (Before, I had only been reading about working on recovery in different languages.) But it turns out I can really relate to what you're writing quite a bit. That's all I can say just now. It's too much to handle.

Saluki

Hey Chart, English is my first language- I just forget words in it 🤣

Saluki

Hey Desert Flower,
 :hug:
I'm sorry you can relate. I'm kind of glad the subject changed to recovery in different languages!

Chart

Quote from: Saluki on September 07, 2024, 06:42:17 PMHey Chart, English is my first language- I just forget words in it 🤣
Cool! I don't feel so bad for being fooled!
 :cheer: