both are gone

Started by apples, April 30, 2015, 08:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apples

Hello

Something that made me feel better is the fact that both my parents are now dead. Looking forward to be feeling much better now.

I had prolems in the past with dating men because they asked about my parents and if they are still alive and they wanted to meet them and I told them my father was dead but my mother is still alive but they cant see her as she is a terrible person and don't want to see me,

Okay so they told me that they think that I am the terrible person and left me....

Well thinking now that maybe I can have luck meating a nice man :)

And also looking forward making new friends.

Looking forward to perhaps getting a job too. Been a while since I was working. Been ill for a few years now.

allways this problems with talking to people I never met before when they ask what I will do for easter or christmas etc. and I say nothing I will stay at home as usual :(

hypervigilante

I agree with BeHea1thy's sentiments exactly!

I would like to add that I'm so proud of you for sticking up for yourself.  It takes great strength to know what you deserve, and to keep yourself from being mistreated is huge.  I am so sorry others were less understanding and settled into being more comfortable in a judgmental position.  Keep your head up and your heart strong!  Good things are around the bend, and I hope for you a beautiful and meaningful recovery as you sort through and redefine your strengths and boundaries.

I'd like to add that I'm very sorry for your losses.  Not just the loss of your parents in the present, but for the loss of the positive energy you deserved from your family.  I know you found a great spirit guide within yourself and I'm happy to see you stick by him/her!

Rainydaze

Quote from: apples on April 30, 2015, 08:02:21 PM
Hello

Something that made me feel better is the fact that both my parents are now dead. Looking forward to be feeling much better now.

I had prolems in the past with dating men because they asked about my parents and if they are still alive and they wanted to meet them and I told them my father was dead but my mother is still alive but they cant see her as she is a terrible person and don't want to see me,

Okay so they told me that they think that I am the terrible person and left me....

Well thinking now that maybe I can have luck meating a nice man :)

And also looking forward making new friends.

Looking forward to perhaps getting a job too. Been a while since I was working. Been ill for a few years now.

allways this problems with talking to people I never met before when they ask what I will do for easter or christmas etc. and I say nothing I will stay at home as usual :(

Good for you! It's brave of you to say this as there is a lot of stigma surrounding how you should feel about your parents dying. I think I'll still be emotionally scarred when my father eventually dies and always will struggle with it, but I'm also looking forward to the relief of knowing that he won't be able to just pop round my house/workplace out of the blue or leave me triggering answering machine messages.

It is hard answering people when they assume you will celebrate holidays with your parents. I find Mothers Day and Fathers Day the worst. I have no mother which I can just about hide from now if I avoid the shops around this time, but with my father I feel obligated to give him a card and a gift just to stop him using it as an excuse to target abuse at me.

Anyway, sounds like you now have more room to breathe which is great for you.  :yes: :hug: