Safe Space Radio

Started by Jdog, May 02, 2015, 02:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdog

Hi everyone-

Safespaceradio.com is a wonderful resource full of podcasts featuring experts discussing a variety of mental health-related topics, many of which would be of interest to the forum community. The host, whose first name I believe is Anne, is herself a psychologist and seems well connected with current research into anxiety, grief, depression, child abuse, etc.

I have only recently discovered the site but wanted to recommend it as one more place for folks to find some food for thought and perhaps some soothing words.

Kizzie

Great resource, tks JDog  :thumbup:   I like this quote I found there:

"I had to remind myself that I had lived through it already.  I had known the pain, and survived it.  It only remained for me to give it voice, to share it for use,  that the pain not be wasted." Audre Lorde

Jdog

Lizzie -

What a terrific quote you have found there!   Maybe I will have that etched across some part of my body so that I can reread it often (kidding of course....but it's great!).  Thanks for checking the site and glad you liked it.

Kizzie

Tattoo on the forehead maybe?  A little long for that I suppose lol  :bigwink:

Seriously though, it is a great quote for us as we did survive and we do give voice to our pain here rather than sit in isolation as so many of us did for  so long.   I'd love to think of our community as one big collective voice which serves to educate others about the pain and ongoing consequences of childhood trauma.   :thumbup: