Needs unmet

Started by Boatsetsailrose, May 04, 2015, 08:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boatsetsailrose

Really need to post tonight and very grateful for this forum and people just like me (in terms of this stuff..

I am getting to see so clearly my need to have people like me and my need for attention.. 'what about me!! Is a common voice I hear inside myself lately ..  :pissed:
It feels good though - that I can hear that part of me (addiction free) and that I get to be something different to get my needs met...
Neg auto thoughts I get a lot are 'they don't like me' and I feel such shame for being me - but I put on a jokey front - to get attention-
I am learning to be vulnerable (a little at a time) eye contact and sharing a little of me and my life - so others can see who I am - it's scarey but it feels good
I want to be parented by people - I think that's what it is - for others to include me - nurture me - and I'm getting to see how relating is a two way thing ( I used to be too over caring for others -

The other thing I'm struggling with is critical thinking of my partner - he just isn't good enough on any level (according to my head ) and tonight I had a realisation that that voice is my mothers to my father - the fundamental message is - 'you don't make me feel whole ' and of course no one does until we feel whole ourselves -

I am so grateful to be able to write this evening and share -
It's been such a long journey but I really see am making progress -
Getting my needs met both internally and in relationships - new ground to a new life xx

Sandals

I adore this post!!!! Good for you, on all fronts. Being brave and vulnerable (at the same time) and recognising where that critical voice is coming from. All are huge things!

Boatsetsailrose

Jdog

BSR-

Great stuff here.  I very much resonate with the needing attention part and have been bombarding my T with many emails of late as I seem to need much validation while I heal - need for someone to see that it's real since I can't talk about it with people IRL.  You are so very self aware and show how you are allowing yourself time and space to grow and emerge.

Amazing.