Started by Cascade, June 22, 2024, 02:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chart

I did!! I did!! 20 km!
Wow! How'd you know?!?!
😂
I like this one even better! Very 😎

Cascade

Thanks, Chart!  It was definitely less intricate and went much faster.

And I'm not psychic, just supportive.  You posted elsewhere about needing a bike ride.  :)

Sleep well,
   -Cascade

Cascade

I started practicing some new shading techniques with these two mandalas.

It's hard to find ones with big enough spaces to do shading that can be seen, lol!  A new coloring book will arrive tomorrow.  The nice part about shading is that blending the colors will give me a nearly unlimited color palette!  My commonly used colors are getting to be stubs of pencils, though, so I ordered new pencils, too.  I almost ordered markers to give my hand and arm a rest from pressing so hard sometimes, but you can't really shade with markers.

Enjoy,
  -Cascade

Cascade

And here's the second one that I knocked out yesterday.  The "Remove Background" function didn't work so well with the lollipops on the outside.
   -Cascade

AphoticAtramentous

I love the shading Cascade, really makes it pop out more. :) I don't really do much traditional art but I do appreciate the minimised effort that comes with markers, how easy it is to fill in the blanks compared to pencils.

Regards,
Aphotic.

Cascade

Thanks, Aphotic!  The shading really creates more depth than I expected.  Yeah, I might get some markers eventually just for something different.  :)
   -Cascade

Hope67

Wow Cascade,
I have enjoyed looking at all your Mandala pictures this morning - they are gorgeous.  My favourite one is the very first one you posted - the colours are sooooo lovely.  I also like the pink quartz one very much too.  Or is it pink crystal - sorry - can't remember how you described it, but it's beautiful.

They are all lovely - I am impressed by your patience and creativity to do them.

Hope  :)