JDog's Journal

Started by Jdog, May 07, 2015, 10:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boatsetsailrose

I can understand that having positive contact from a family member who i like and appears safe is a big big deal ! Finding blood where there is a chance of healthy relationship.
I've had a similar situation with a cousin lately . we were close.when younger . i however know to keep boundaries and reservation feel my way slowly with it cause the disorders are a family affair and i don't think anyone in the family is truly safe ...unless im proved otherwise ;)

Jdog

Thanks, Boats.  Yes, I feel that family is a concept that I probably don't understand in the same way others do.  I moved 2500 miles away from most of them, for several reasons not entirely due to our relationships.  But I never felt included or that I truly belonged and wanted to get on with my life.  Being older, I wonder how many of those my age or younger would be pleasant company for me now.  So,  I am dipping one toe in the water and have to be ok with whatever I discover.

Hope67

:hug: to you jdog - dipping your toe in the water was brave, I think. 
Hope  :)

Jdog

Great news!  Cousin emailed that she loves  the pics I sent and loves me, too.  Ahh.... :hug:

Wattlebird

Hope67

:cheer:  This is lovely Jdog.  I am so happy to hear this.
Hope  :)

Boatsetsailrose

Brilliant news !
Pleasant company sounds like it.could be yours :)

Jdog

Jdog

I had trouble sleeping and here is the fun I had as I thought of alternative comment codes I wish I could use when entering semester grades.

Highly Ability, Low Interest, Tuned Out Students In School (otherwise known as HALITOSIS).

Presenting A Reduced Capacity, Probably as a Result of Trauma (otherwise known as CRAP TRAP...you have to go backwards to get this one).

Students With Increasing Motivation and Maturity Experiencing Real Success! (otherwise known as SWIMMERS).

:bigwink:

Three Roses

Deep Blue

Ha ha ha  :rofl:

I adore you! You know that? What a novel thing to do when you can't sleep!

I think mine would be Lacks Academic Zest Yearly!   LAZY. Ha ha

Jdog

LAZY is a great One!!  Haha!  I adore you, too, Blue!

BH - yes, end of the semester is stressful as I despair when my students lack of progress stares me in the face.  But there are always SWIMMERS to help me fine safer shores!  Thanks for the appreciation.  Question:  Do any of these qualify as backronymns?

ThreeRoses-

Happy to provide a laugh!

Jdog

My wife's health continues to be a challenge and is leaving me feeling quite helpless and sad.  Even though she is younger than me, you would not know it by looking at her or understanding all that is wrong with her body.  She does not need to report to work, at least, as she officially retired in 2011 and runs her own business out of our home.  But I fear that she will die before I can retire, and that makes me so very depressed and sad.

Three Roses

Oh Jdog, idk what to say, can I just give you a hug?  :hug:

Deep Blue

Jdog,
I'm so sorry. Things I can't control are a big trigger for me.  I struggle when my son is sick.  I can't imagine how hard it must be that it is your wife  :'(

Sending you some love and strength  :hug: