JDog's Journal

Started by Jdog, May 07, 2015, 10:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deep Blue

I feel you Jdog,
One of my coworkers, who has become like a sister to me these last 3 years has been riffed. I'm going to miss her so much.

They riffed 3 social studies, 2 math, 1 science, several fine arts and 1 English. It's a mess here.  Why can't we pass a levy??????  :pissed:

Hope67

Quote from: Jdog on April 06, 2019, 01:02:19 PM

I have had some interesting healing experiences lately.

Hi Jdog,

This is good to hear, and I'm glad you enjoyed the trip to the Arboretum with your students.  Sounds like fun.   :hug:
Hope  :)

Jdog

Our one day strike has come and gone, there is some strong support for our cause being voiced by other unions and by some parents and teachers, and we continue to be vilified in the local newspaper.  Today's OpEd reached a new low in which we were called racists and entitled.  It is very tiring to endure assaults when what we are asking is that a legally signed contract be enforced and supports given to students.  Lower class sizes, more nurses and more mental health, as agreed upon 18 months ago.

It is finally Spring Break, a very good thing.  I have a new semi recumbent bike and my wife has a new fully recumbent bike.  We took our maiden ride together yesterday, going almost 20 miles.  So fun!!  This is going to allow me to keep running some without ruining my body.  I can run a couple of miles these days without putting myself back in "the boot."  Biking some every week will mean rest days from pounding my feet on the trail or the treadmill.  And the fact that my new bike has a seat with a back and positions my body so that I don't have to lean over handlebars is so much easier on the body.  The main thing is that my tailbone doesn't ache afterwords, as the seat is large and padded. 

Sigh.  I don't know when I will be able to retire from my stressful occupation.  Having nice pastimes does help lower my stress.  I am even picking up my violin a little and thinking of getting together with a friend to make music.  My arthritis makes it not as fluid as when I was younger, but it is still a good creative outlet. 

Hope67

Hi Jdog,
That one day strike sounds tough - and I'm glad that your Spring Break is here.  Glad to hear you had some fun riding your recumbent bike - and it's good that you are able to pace your running.  You deserve lots of nice pastimes - to lower your stress.  I hope you enjoy playing your violin with your friend, if the two of you get together to do that. 
:hug:

Jdog

Jdog

BH-

It seems to me that nearly everything is misconstrued or reimagined as someone's platform for their own sacred cow these days.  Kind of like the old saying that when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.  And when the school district "suddenly" developed a 35 million dollar "hole" in the budget, they turned to that as the reason not to enforce the contract they had signed one year before the hole was discovered.  Now, we have successfully gotten the state to agree to a forensic audit of the district finances, so far will be flying.  Where DID the money go?  And because racial politics are so heated in my town, that gets piled like the cherry on top of the sundae. 

I wrote a letter to the editor of our paper on this topic.  I don't know whether it will be published.  But I feel better having written my thoughts down and making what I think I should a logical and cool headed appeal for the disturbing accusations against the teacher's union to be stopped.

Yes, the bikes are great.  Mine is a semi recumbent and hers is a full on recumbent.  We love them!!!!

Three Roses

QuoteI wrote a letter to the editor of our paper on this topic.  I don't know whether it will be published.  But I feel better having written my thoughts down and making what I think I should a logical and cool headed appeal for the disturbing accusations against the teacher's union to be stopped.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Hope67

Hi Jdog,
I hope they publish your letter.  Well done for writing it.   :cheer: 

Jdog

Thanks.  I don't think my letter to the newspaper editor is going to be published, as writers making some similar points have already been published.  But that's ok, it's the good fight that counts and I do feel results will be forthcoming. 

I'm spending Easter at a baseball park, feeling slightly sad not to have family other than my spouse anywhere nearby, but aware of my many blessings at the same time.

Hope67

Hi Jdog,
I hope that you enjoy your time at the Baseball park - Easter has mixed feelings for me too - sending you a hug, if that's ok.   :hug:

Jdog

:hug:  sending a hug back to you, Hope!!

Hope67

Deep Blue

:bighug:  I just wanted to send you a hug today. 

I had one of those days that only a fellow educator would get... my administrators (in all their infinite wisdom) ran a tornado drill, fire drill and a lockdown drill today! 3 drills in 1 day!?!?!? Are you kidding me?  What crazy brownies are they eating?

Anywho just wanted to send u some love

Jdog

:cheer:Haha-

My admins have done the 3 drills in one day (one class period) and yes, it reminds me of special magic brownie eating as well!  They forget to do the drills until the very end of the year and then it's OOPS!  Must do drills!  SO I get it, yes!

Thanks for the love, dear, and for thinking of your California colleague, your nerd of a feather. 

Sending it back to you, Blue!

Three Roses

Mmmmmm crazy brownies! :rofl: