Finding Your Posts or Replies to your Posts

Started by Kizzie, May 07, 2015, 06:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

We have a lot of forums here at OOTS so it's easy to forget where you have made a post, but there are a number of ways you can locate your posts and/or be notified about replies to your posts.

Finding your posts - Click on "Profile" then on your "Posts" which will bring up all the posts you have made in all of the forums.

Replies to your posts - There are two ways of viewing replies to your posts.  You can click on "Notify" on the bottom right of any post you make, or if you look on the top left of the screen under your "Welcome" banner you can click on "Show new replies to your posts"

Dyess

I just want to know what happened to so many people that were so active in here. We had a fairly large group of very knowledgeable people and a lot of them are gone. I use to enjoy posting here because you could usually get an answer in a day or two. Now I have to go to other forums to get answers. I still post some here , for some reason. Maybe it's just wishful thinking that those people will return.

KayFly

I'm sorry you feel that way Trace.  I just joined a couple days ago, and have found some pretty insightful feedback on what I have posted thus far.  I feel like I have a few spiritual buddies already.  I hope that the support begins to pick up again, as I didn't know how it was before, but I can imagine it would be painful to feel like some of your support system has gone  :sadno:

I'm happy you are here. And happy to be here though.

Hope you feel better, and find what you are looking for, even if it has to be in a different form.

:hug:

Lifecrafting

Hi Trace, 
I can relate to your feelings; it's not easy to feel like you've lost a support system.

I am new here and what I have found is that there is a wealth of information to be found at OOTS, that folks are welcoming and supportive to the best of their ability. I try to remember that others are here for the same reason I am and that they are going through their own stuff and to be a host/moderator/manager is a lot of responsibility; I am grateful for their presence, willingness to help and range of knowledge concerning CPTSD .

I hope you can find "good enough"  assistance here to get you through whatever you need and if you can't find it here, I wish you the best wherever you go.

I hope you stay, though; we each bring our gifts, unique to us; nobody else can share yours!

Take care...

Lifecrafting

Thanks Kizzie for sharing this info; it's good stuff!

Kizzie

It's a collaborative effort by members Lifecrafting but thank you for your acknowledgement  :hug:  Please feel free to add your own resources if/when you come across them.  :yes:

Trace - We have lost some members and part of that may be due to problems with two members who were eventually banned about two months ago over problems which started in Feb. It's possible that a number of older members left because of that incident although I can't say for certain. Unfortunately it's the nature of online forums that issues/problems will arise and hard decisions will need to be made by the Moderating Team.  These are not always popular but are they are made collaboratively in the interests of the well-being and safety of the larger community. Despite this one time incident, as Lifecrafting and KayFly suggest there there are many members who are here to share in the journey to recovery and who have much to offer.    :hug:

Dyess

Well it's always sad to see members leave especially some of the ones that were so knowledgeable, by training or experience. For me it's not so much the support as finding answers that make sense. Once it makes sense to me I can work on some answers, sometimes :) Thanks for clearing that up though. I'm sure that was a stressful situation to have to ban them and see them go. You do an awesome job here with the educational part, but sometimes that information is hard for me to absorb. Kind of hard to explain. But anyway, thanks for the feedback.

Kizzie

You're welcome Trace and yes it was a very stressful time for the Team and I and frankly I hope we don't ever have to go through that again    :sadno:

I think I know what you're saying about answers versus support.  I agree it was good to have members who were able to express things in ways that were easier to understand/relate to. Hopefully we'll get that going again here  :yes: