Three Good Things Today (Part 9)

Started by Kizzie, August 13, 2024, 03:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

Here is a thread in which you can record 3 good things, large or small that happened in your day.  It focuses us on the fact that even on bad days there are usually some good things that happen. On really good days it reminds us that we are moving out of the dark storm of CPTSD more and perhaps that our EFs are fewer and less intense. And how good is that?! :cheer:

AphoticAtramentous

Good things today...
1. We have so many good things that we now have a part 9 of this thread, heh.
2. I bought an outdoor security camera, haven't set it up yet but already somehow feeling safer from the mere anticipation. I also have thought of other plans to make my house more secure which I look forward to implementing later when I have the time.
3. I watched my cat clean her back leg by holding it close to her face with both front paws. Every now and then her leg would slip from her grip and she'd wrestle herself trying to get it back. It was just very cute and heartwarming to watch.
4. I was able to use my technical knowledge to train my colleague. Am proud of how much I know about the work I do.

Regards,
Aphotic.

Lolly728

1. I didn't feel like collapsing and was fairly productive.
2. The summer foliage is still quite green and lush and feels like a hug from Mother Earth.
3. I played some guitar and sang and it felt great.

Blueberry

Quote from: Lolly728 on August 14, 2024, 01:42:21 AM1. I didn't feel like collapsing and was fairly productive.

:applause:  :cheer: from a fellow collapser. It's just so wonderful when there are times of non-collapse :)

1) I'm looking after 3 guinea pigs and they're making progress in trusting me :)
2) Even the most skittish and anxious one took a few blades of grass one by one from my fingers
3) Really good singing lesson today, in a body therapy kind of way. I left smiling like the Cheshire cat ;D

Lolly728

To be honest, most of the time I don't. I don't like collapsing, there is so much I want to do in life.

I totally understand the joy that singing brings and how it floods your body, particularly after a good lesson, but really any time.

WeAreAllAPartOfUniverse

1. I managed an important deadline today and was experiencing fear and sadness while I was taking care of my task. But it wasn't stopping me. I thought: ,,This is what you've done to me! This us you!My feelings are valid, but don't stop me!"
2. I went out to a concert from one of my modt beloved artists with my husband.
3. On that concert I met a women, who went there on her own, and she was just a nice soul.
Thankful for today <3

AphoticAtramentous

1. I have enough work experience that I was able to sit a group of colleagues down and train them. It was daunting, but I did it...
2. It's started raining and it's supposed to rain for a few more days this week. Rain is very calming.
3. I sated my craving for matcha milk tea.

Regards,
Aphotic.