Waiting for hospitalization..

Started by Rizzo, September 12, 2024, 02:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rizzo

I'm in a difficult place right now. I'm experiencing a significant decline in my mental health.
I've been waiting for a psychiatric hospitalization for almost two months now.
Trying to find ways to cope with the difficulties on my own.
I have a supportive environment but still, feel alone.
I just want the hospitalization to come already
and for this suffering to end.
Just wanted to share where I'm at right now..

Blueberry

Rizzo, it's good you reached out here.

I hope your inpatient stay comes soonest!

I've been inpatient quite a few times over the years. Always a little scary - what's going to come up? What feelings of mine might get stirred up? otoh I will get help! Looking forward to going inpatient often helps shift my priorities at home a bit, like I don't have to attempt to solve all my problems before I go inpatient, which helps me calm down and maybe just concentrate on what I can do for the moment, even if that's just checking out these lists https://www.cptsd.org/forum/index.php?board=49.0 and seeing if any appeal - to read, to add your own posts...

Good luck with your stay, I wish you the best therapists and doctors who can help you on your way. :wave: 

Rizzo

Quote from: Blueberry on September 12, 2024, 04:21:06 PMRizzo, it's good you reached out here.

I hope your inpatient stay comes soonest!

I've been inpatient quite a few times over the years. Always a little scary - what's going to come up? What feelings of mine might get stirred up? otoh I will get help! Looking forward to going inpatient often helps shift my priorities at home a bit, like I don't have to attempt to solve all my problems before I go inpatient, which helps me calm down and maybe just concentrate on what I can do for the moment, even if that's just checking out these lists https://www.cptsd.org/forum/index.php?board=49.0 and seeing if any appeal - to read, to add your own posts...

Good luck with your stay, I wish you the best therapists and doctors who can help you on your way. :wave: 

Thank you very much! I will definitely read more.
I appreciate the response.

Pangur

Hi Rizzo

I'm new to the board but wanted to reach out to say that I feel for you, and hope that you can get the help and support you need soon.  I'm also at an all-time low and struggling.  I wonder whether a separate board would be good on the forum for people who are in crisis, or in extremis, to gather support from the community at crucial times.

A warm hug  :hug: