Pregabalin

Started by tink1382, May 08, 2015, 08:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tink1382

I've been on fluoxetine (Prozac) for 14 years but recently it hasn't been affective on its own. I tried Quetiapine which didn't seem to work and have now been prescribed pregabalin  (lyrica). The psychiatrist I have is extremely experienced so I assume he knows what he is doing. The problem is the expense of this drug. I am fortunate in that in the uk I have the NHS but have been made aware that one month of pregabalin is costing the NHS about £500!! I have been paying prescription fees (£8.20) all these years for Prozac which costs v v little but still! I feel unworthy of this expensive medication especially as I'm yet to see any improvement with my anxiety. Does anyone else have experience with pregabalin? I wonder if we didn't give quetiapine enough of a go!? (That is very cheap too). I'd never considered that I would be prescribed something do costly!

Trees

Dear think1382, I am so very glad that you have a good doctor who considers you worthy of even expensive meds!   Despite your doubts, you are worthy, very worthy enough to try this medication.  I hope you will give this medication a chance to help you.  Whenever a doctor treats one of us as worthy of serious attention and serious medication, it helps all of us in the long run.

Please accept help where ever you find it.  You deserve it!    :hug:    :hug:    :hug:

tink1382

Trees - thank you. And thank you more. Your response made me cry it was so lovely. I will try to believe in my worth and accept this amazing help.  :hug: