Happy Mother's Day

Started by Dyess, May 10, 2015, 04:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dyess

Happy Mother's Day to all moms and moms of fur babies too.
Enjoy your day and I hope it is very special for you.

Dyess

How many other inner family members are inside? Does everyone have an inner child?
Good idea. The roses sound beautiful :)

Widdiful Falling

My inner child was very disappointed that she didn't get to do something with mom. But I parented her, and soothed her, and we got through it. I'm going to go do something nice for myself today.

I think we should all take some time out to celebrate our parental achievements, whether they're toward ourselves or another.  :woohoo:

Trace, we do all have an inner child. The number of inner family members depends on the person in question, but personally, I have four. There's an inner mother, inner critic, inner child, and inner warrior. They are a tool for me to connect with my emotions, and what's going on inside. A cognitive way of thinking about them until I can trust myself to just feel them. They've been enormously helpful. I hope that helped.

Widdiful Falling

Quote from: BeHea1thy on May 12, 2015, 08:01:14 PM
My Mother's Day treat to myself. There are a dozen, and each one bloomed beautifully.  :thumbup: Hmmmm, just noticed the same color appears in my avatar. Funny thing about that!

(The 128KB restriction is awful!)

They're so beautiful! I'm glad you got to treat yourself to them. :woohoo:

woodsgnome

Rock Me to Sleep

My birth mother was lost to me, in ways I won't rehash here. But her loss did leave a huge ache in my heart. So when I heard this song on the radio, it hit all the sore points, dreams, and nightmares about the loss.

The performer was Cathie Ryan, an Irish-American singer/songwriter. She says:

I found this song in an old collection of poetry.  It was written by American poet Elizabeth Akers Allen approx 1860. I originally recorded it on the Northstar CD 'Mother' which is no longer in print.

Backward, turn backward, Time in your flight
Make me a child again, just for tonight
Mother, come back from the echoless shore
Take me again to your heart like before

Kiss from my forehead the furrows of care
Smooth the few silver threads out of my hair
Over my slumber your loving watch keep,
Rock me to sleep, mother, rock me to sleep

Backward, flow backward, tide of the years
I am so weary of toil and of tears
Toil without recompense, tears all in vain,
Take them and give me my childhood again;

For I have grown weary of dust and decay,
Weary of flinging my soul wealth away,
Weary of sowing for others to reap,

Bridge:
Mother, oh mother, my heart calls for you
Tired of the hollow, the base, the untrue
Manys a summer the grass has grown green
Blossomed and faded, our faces between

Backward, oh backward, Time in your flight
Make me a child again, just for tonight.
Come from the silence so long and so deep,
Rock me to sleep

Kizzie

Thansk for this WG, it reached right inside me too.  I could not have read this even six months ago without breaking down into tears, but today I thought "How incredibly sad it is for all of us who did not have the mother (parents) we deserved" and was able to sit with that, look right at it and feel the sadness.  I guess that's recovery - when we don't have to stuff down the reality of being abandoned and the incredible longing that is almost too much to bear and instead we acknowledge all the pain to ourselves. And when we do we see that we can go on because we have the courage and strength to do so. 

:hug:  to all of us who long to be rocked to sleep.