A little about me

Started by Augustine, May 11, 2015, 02:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Augustine

I found out about this page while looking up videos on c-ptsd on youtube . I found this one video were the speaker described my experience like she knew me and it mention this site so here I am . I've been going to therapy since 2012 and it's kinda been up and down ( one step back to take two forwards kind of thing ) . 

Kizzie

Hi Augustine and a warm welcome to OOTS  :wave: 

It's a strange feeling when you hear someone else describing exactly what you have been experienced, especially if like many of us you thought it was you, that you are crazy or defective in some wa,. It's was quite an eye opener for me to find out that there is this whole group of people who have common symptoms because of what they went through in childhood, and to realize that I do not have a personality disorder or suffer from a mental illness, rather it's a stress injury that can be treated.  What a relief, but overwhelming in a way too - seems like the road is a long one going both forward and back, but overall when I look back at where I was and where I am, it's worth the effort.

Glad you found your way to us and that the resources and support here will help you  :hug: