Hello from FloatBoat

Started by FloatBoat, May 26, 2015, 02:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FloatBoat

Hi. I'm FloatBoat. I was diagnosed with Complex Trauma PTSD about 5 years ago. I've had a pretty crazy life. Most of my major major trauma comes from being raised by a sadistic sociopath. I haven't ever met another person who has experienced that kind of childhood before. It makes it hard to relate to a lot of people sometimes. It makes it unbelievably hard to trust people or believe anything they are saying. I have some really random triggers that my T thinks are from infancy. I'm working to get a handle on them. Loads of other trauma that kind of builds on the foundation of that one. It's hard to talk about my life with other people. I feel like they get traumatized in the process of getting to know me and my family most definitely does not want to talk about it. It makes me feel pretty lost sometimes. I have lots of friends but they are arms length friends, it's hard to get close which leaves me feeling pretty lonely a lot of the time.

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome to OOTS FloatBoat  :wave:  It can be difficult to talk about our CPTSD with others who either don't know a lot about it or whom we don't want to burden.  Here that problem goes away and hopefully you won't feel quite so lost by coming here.

Glad you made your way here :hug: