Favorite Quotes - Part 1

Started by Rain, September 28, 2014, 10:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badmemories

I like this one!

A man who lies to himself, and believes his own lies, becomes unable to recognize truth, either in himself or in anyone else, and he ends up losing respect for himself and for others. When he has no respect for anyone, he can no longer love, and in him, he yields to his impulses, indulges in the lowest form of pleasure, and behaves in the end like an animal in satisfying his vices. And it all comes from lying—to others and to yourself.

Fyodor Dostoevsky

It reminds me of Denial, and the problems with denial!
Keep on Keeping on! ;)

flookadelic

"To make an omlette one needs to have a full and frank discussion with the eggs" - The Thick of It.

Rain

The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.

- On Joy and Sorrow, from The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran

nibbe

And let us not forget, that C-PTSD is not Rocket Science (R/S). R/S is simply a "controlled" explosion. Take a cylinder with a hole in it, fill it with high explosives, throw a match in the middle, and "Hang On". You can learn all you need to know about R/S in a few seconds, "don't play with matches"! The human brain is far more complex. Thousands of rockets are made every day, exactly the same. But out of 7 billion brains, there are no 2 alike. We are as different as our fingerprints. No wonder we have trouble finding a therapist that understands who "I" am.   :stars:

Nibbe

Dutch Uncle

If somebody can't understand your silence, they'd probably wouldn't understand your words.
-unknown

woodsgnome

"The smart have their books. The wise have their scars."...Wayne Wirs

hypervigilante

"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles."
-Charlie Chaplin

Dutch Uncle

Dutch Uncle

Today I stumbled on this gem:

"I appreciate the people who love and understand me. Even when I'm hurt and pushing people away they know me better and push back with love and support."

Those people are rare and few, but I'm glad I know some.
:hug:

C.

When my EF's became debilitating for a period of time my doctor's comment:

"Yours is a "normal" response to abnormal circumstances" 

... I like that since for me it's like saying cptsd is a normal response to abuse/abandonment/NPD/etc.

Dutch Uncle

What an excellent doctor.   :thumbup:
He knows his medicine well  :yes:

woodsgnome

"It's what you do to get out of the dark that defines you"...Joseph Luzzi

DaisyMae

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."   Friedrich Nietzsche

Dutch Uncle

Great one  :thumbup:

I adore Nietzsche.

Dutch Uncle

One I picked up from a TV-series.

It's not an exact quote, as I can't review the episode, but it's as close as I can remember (and I did write it down somewhere, rewinding the scene over and over again at the time. But I can't find it at the moment), and it's definitely how I interpreted the quote. Perhaps to better reflect my state of mind  ;) .

It's quite dark, for me at least, so:
*** Possible Trigger ***

"We can all see them coming and brace for: the waves that crash [ into us ]. Though it's the undertow [ we can't anticipate on ] that gets us."

[ parts are definitely inserted by me ]