Favorite Quotes - Part 1

Started by Rain, September 28, 2014, 10:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain

"It is possible that the entire world is mentally ill"
                        - a Past Therapist of Mine

:yeahthat:

schrödinger's cat

[On the subconscious:] ...that infuriating part of a person's brain which never responds to interrogation, merely gives little meaningful nudges and then sits humming quietly to itself, saying nothing.
Douglas Adams

When asked what he wanted from life, he said: I'll start with a written apology.
B Tier

spryte

"People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates." ― Thomas Szasz

schrödinger's cat

Maya Angelou about injustice:

"If you're not angry, you're either a stone or you're too sick to be angry. You should be angry. Now mind you, there's a difference: you must not be bitter. Let me show you why. Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. It doesn't do anything to the object of its displeasure. So use that anger. You write it. You paint it. You dance it. You march it. You vote it. You do everything about it. You talk it. Never stop talking it." ... "Anger is like fire. It burns it all clean."

spryte

"My parents gave me all the tools I needed to continue their abuse long after I left their home."

Paraphrasing from book that I can't remember. I THINK it was The Courage To Heal...but I'm not certain. If anyone comes across it, please let me know and I'll add it.

spryte

"Of course your family knows how to push your buttons! They were the ones that sewed them on!" - unkown

globetrotter

"When something is festering in your memory, laws of silence don't work. It's like shutting the doors of a house on fire in hopes of forgetting that house is burning." - Tennessee Williams

schrödinger's cat

Home is not where you live, but where they understand you. (Christian Morgenstern)

A hero is one who knows how to hang on one minute longer. (Novalis)

Rain

"Healing from child abuse can be a winding path, once described as a
'spiral -- a repeated traversing of the issues, layer by layer, piece by piece,
sorting and resorting, until the toxicity of the abusive experiences has been released.'"

- Carol Barringer, 1992

schrödinger's cat

Oh my goodness. That is brilliant.

AndyT

Rousseau : 'It is a sort of folly to remain wise amidst those who are mad"

BBC 37 Days : "Sometimes one has to forget what one thinks is real, and accept what is staring you in the face: Austria does not want peace but a war in the Balkans!".

It just seemed a metaphor for so many things besides WW!. Found the whole drama full of nuggets.

AndyT

"In having to deal with and exclude those with glaring self evident PD undesirable traits, the best way to protect ones mental health is to treat yourself to 'No Contact', it really does work. But that journey of realisation cannot be forced it is only discovered by self reflection." 

nursenewb

Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
"I don't much care where –"
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go."

Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland #1)

Sandals

:yes:

[attachment deleted by admin]