Hello

Started by Sparrow88, May 30, 2015, 03:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparrow88

I was diagnosed as having Complex-PTSD this week by a therapist that I have just started seeing.  After a long lifetime of social anxiety, isolation and the struggle to perform even the most basic tasks of everyday life, the diagnosis has been very liberating.  The more I read about C PTSD, the more I recognize myself and I really hope that I can start to live the life I have always wanted.  Thank you for this website, it's good to know that I'm not alone.

Jdog

Sparrow88-

A warm welcome to you!  I hope you will find some much-needed support and validation here at OOTS.  People here are good sources of ideas about what may or may not work in the struggle to become free of CPtsd symptoms and thre are many resources such as books and podcasts to check out.  In particular, many of us find help by going to Pete Walker's site and also reading his books.

Best wishes in your healing journey!

PaintedBlack

Welcome. I also felt very validated when I discovered there was an "official name" for what I have. There will be ups and downs, but in general this is when you start talking back control ☺which is a good thing.  :hug: