Professional Help Activity 1: Progress to Date in Therapy

• 3 Replies

C.

• Learning from reciprocity as I heal from CPTSD.
    • View Profile
Professional Help Activity 1: Progress to Date in Therapy
« on: June 01, 2015, 05:51:29 PM »
Reminder: In order to honor our group process we ask that only current ASCA workbook group members post and respond here please.  If you would like to join in at this time or a later date please send the moderator a PM.  Thank you.

Note:  Your recovery is unique to you.  These topics and activities are suggestions.  Please feel free to do and respond to those that work for you at this time.

1.   Take some time in your sessions to discuss the progress you have made to date in therapy.  In what ways do you feel different than when you first started?  What have you accomplished and what remains to be addressed?  How is your life better now than before? What does your therapist say about your efforts to date? Are there any areas in your therapy or in your relationship with your therapist that make you uncomfortable or pose problems? Can you discuss them with your therapist?

VeryFoggy

• View Profile
Re: Professional Help Activity 1: Progress to Date in Therapy
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 09:40:07 PM »
My T and I discussed my idea about writing a letter to my mother about me having CPTSD, how I got it from NPD dad , why I can't see her anymore because she is figuratively joined at the hip to him, and how he triggers and exacerbates my symptoms, and about my sister doing the same thing. It is a request to be left alone by NPD dad and by my N sis to heal.  My entire FOO and FOC will be copied on the letter along with a couple of special friends.

Then what I wanted my T to do is to Reply All and confirm everything I am saying. To everyone in my FOO and in my FOC. 

It is an exposure of NPD dad to everyone. It is ripping away the lies, the pretense, the hiding.

Amazingly she loves the idea! She wants to do it!  Yippee Yi Yay!   I left her a copy of my letter to review before our next meeting, and she wants me to give her permission in writing to reveal specific confidential information to my family.  She says this is exactly what I need to move forward in my recovery.  That she wanted me to do this, to confront them, but in a safe way where I am protected, and she had been struggling to figure out how I could do that.  She thinks this is a great way to do it.

But what means the most to me is she IS willing to stand up with me, and protect me in a way, by lending her professional opinion to my letter to give weight to my words.  It won't just be me making up some mumbo jumbo.  It will be drily and scientifically validated and confirmed that what I say really DID happen, and it really DID happen to me, and it really DID mess up my life.

I feel so good, like somebody just gave me the most precious gift in the world. She is willing to stand up with me and support me. It's invaluable.

I don't care what happens afterwards.  I really don't.  I just know I NEED this.  I NEED to tell the truth!

C.

• Learning from reciprocity as I heal from CPTSD.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 09:49:20 PM »
That's great news VF!  Ever since we've started communicating on this forum I feel I've seen your dedication to healing.  Your ability to follow your heart and pay close attention to next steps is an inspiration.  Thanks for sharing this process w/us.

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 10:33:57 PM »
Wow Very Foggy, that is some T you have.  And you, you went after what you know you needed and wanted and made it happen, that's awesome  :cheer: