Self Help Activity 2: Write About Appealing Personality Traits in Media/Books...

• 1 Replies

C.

• Reciprocity here as we heal from relational trauma
    • View Profile
Reminder: In order to honor our group process we ask that only current ASCA workbook group members post and respond here please.  If you would like to join in at this time or a later date please send the moderator a PM.  Thank you.

Note:  Your recovery is unique to you.  These topics and activities are suggestions.  Please feel free to do and respond to those that work for you at this time.

2.   Are there people in real life or characters in novels, magazine profiles or movies who possess particular personality traits that resemble some emerging part of you?  Write in your journal about the similarities or the qualities that you find so appealing.

VeryFoggy

• View Profile
I loved Nancy Drew when I was a kid.  She never gave up, she never quit looking, and often when the "adults" had abandoned something as hopeless she went on to solve the case.

I identified with that then and now.  I don't give up.  I do keep looking.

I loved Colombo too.  I wish I could adopt some of his ways of self effacing, in order to get the real and correct answer. But his culprits were so much more clear cut. But I did love his setting aside of ego and his willingness to put himself down to get his perp. But he wasn't dealing with his own family members!

This is something terrible I am having to face and believe and understand and wrap my head around. The people that do bad things? They did mean me ill. I don't care if they were sick or mentally ill, or had a bad childhood.  So did I and I did not do that to people.  But they did mean me ill. They did not want me to be happy, or to prosper, or to succeed, or to do well, or to feel good. They wanted me to suffer just like them.

But Nancy Drew is going to keep on looking for answers!