Who Are You?

Started by Rain, September 29, 2014, 04:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain

Thanks, bee!!    I will get a small amount from my local health food store then.    :thumbup:

globetrotter

It has chickory, dates...sticks...herbs...lol..I cant remember all but they sell several flavors. My favorite is almond amaretto.

Rain

Hi globetrotter and bee.   I just got back from the health food store and picked up white tea and teeccino.  I am going to see if I enjoy these new treats too.  Something new.

globetrotter

Woohoo! LOL! Let me know what you think.
I mix in some coffee with the teecino to brew so I'm still getting a buzz but less of a buzz. I'm a real coffee addict and need to cut back. This was a great solution for me vs decaf crap.
I bury it in Silk Vanilla Creamer so it looks muddy like the Mississippi River...anyway, I think they grind up the sticks.... :-)

spryte

Bee - I've always wanted to try making Kombucha but it's skeery! Maybe you could give me some directions? Your brew sounds delicious!

Hmmm...Who Am I?

I like dark chocolate. But only certain brands. So far, without spending too much money, Lindt is my favorite and of their types...the Orange and Sea Salt flavors are my favorites.

Flowers: Tulips and daffodils are my favorites. Next come those gerber daisies that they dye crazy colors like green and blue and pink.

I am slowly discovering a love for colors. My life was colorless for so long, and then I fell into the "goth" crowd where there was even less color. I'm slowly pulling my inner hippy out of her closet and buying new brightly colored skirts and sweaters and purses to wear AND I am able to do this and embrace it even though my boyfriend is still gothy and not at all hippy. It's ME, and he likes that it's ME.

I am slowly developing my own interior design style. I haven't gotten to decorate my new place yet, but I bought a beautiful dresser that was all scrolly and beautiful. My boyfriend loves it, but *I* fell in love with it online and bought it, without checking with anyone about what they thought about it.

(It's hard for me to like things, and be ok liking them, without getting some kind of consensus, so any thing like this that I just....like and buy for myself is a big step)

I like hard ciders. I can't drink most wines they give me a headache, and I really don't like the taste of beer...but I love a cider that tastes like apples (there are some that weirdly, taste more like beer than cider even though it's a cider) Angry Orchard is my favorite and they have a cinnamon one that should be coming out seasonally like...now!

COFFEE. I have a long lasting love affair with coffee. We've tried to break up so many times, for a long time I thought it was an unhealthy relationship...I've now come to determine that we are just...soul mates and anything trying to come between us must be eradicated.

I haven't gotten fancy though with all the machines and whatnot. Dunkin Donuts is my favorite, although at times I get a taste for a darker, richer brew like Kawah. Just coffee with cream. Sometimes with flavorings.

I'd like to try that teechino stuff.

Also...I love this thread.

It's tough. I remember distinctly a few years ago...I had just broken up with my long term boyfriend. He was the dominant one in our relationship and made the decisions about so many things. He wasn't abusive, I gave him that control willingly because I was so afraid of making choices for myself.

My best friend and I were walking around a thrift store. I was trying to find plates for my new place. I walked by a set with pretty flowers on them and something in me got all wistful and was like...oooh, pretty! I ignored it, and gravitated towards a stack of plain black plates...that was what I was used to, that's what I know he would have chosen. I kept walking by the flower plates and at a certain point my girlfriend noticed and was like, "If you want the flower plates, buy the flower plates!" I didn't even realize the mental circles I was running in until she gave me "permission" to buy the plates. I didn't, because it ended up being a whole set which I didn't need, but I did buy some other ones that I liked, NOT the black ones. And, I already have a beautiful flower set picked out at Wal-Mart that I'm going to buy as soon as I have the money for them! They are so, perfectly, me. And I already love them. I have two bowls that I bought individually from the set and I get so happy every time I use one.

Rain

Fun post, sprite!

Colors, dark chocolate, flowers and coffee!   Happiness ...in who you are!      :thumbup:

I love Lindt dark chocolate

Bluevermonter

Hot chocolate, cherry coke, ginger ale (sometimes make my own), red and white wines, chilled bourbon w water.

Oh yeah:  COFFEE

Bluevermonter

Hi all.

Rain, i make my ginger ale by cutting up a piece of ginger and boiling it for a bit til the water reduces by half.  Add sugar, cool it off, then add seltzer water to about a quarter cup of the ginger.  It's cloudy,  not clear.  But fun to make.

As for bourbon, trying to develop a palette for different brands, so I try a lot.  Some are like alcohol w oak flavoring, but others have a more mellow taste, usually chill it and cut it with some water.  Please  try a bourbon w honey in it.  Easy to swallow.  I Could drink the entire bottle, but don't.

Rain

I will have to try that on the ginger ale.   Thanks, Blue!

Badmemories

I like cappuccino like the ones You get at the gas station. French vanilla only! I like strong black coffee with lots of powdered creamer. makes it look like milk! I love MILK...

Dark Chocolate.. Lindt is the best but also dark Dove bars!  Caramels.. and with dk. chocolate on top! even better!

Bluevermonter

Yes, chocolate and pizza!

Any licorice lovers out there?  My favorite are several Aussie brands.  Had a bunch of red licorice today.

bee

I really like black licorice, even though I used to hate it.
Recently started sampling some of the salted kinds.
World Market sells Katjes brand. They have Salty Herring; sweet and salty and soft, very good. The Kinder cats are a good hard small licorice.
Just tried Venco Double Zout. That is pucker your mouth salty, but I kinda like it. An acquired taste I think.
Gimbal's Scottie dogs are a good plain black soft licorice.
I also like Allsorts.

Butterfly

Ooo fun!

Blooming tea in small clear pot, holds 8oz or so of water. Loose teas also or my own blend of spices over honey bush. Cinnamon stick, vanilla bean, a few peppercorns, perhaps a star anise. Honeybush is a red tea and is less bitter than the other red tea whose name escapes me at the moment.

Wine, Red wine, and I've been experimenting with contemplating the flavor profiles. I've given up the standard box wine in favor of experimenting with more expensive and complex wines. The fact that it's more expensive limits the amount I can purchase Happy :-) and the fact that I am sitting and contemplating rather than mindlessly slipping further limits the amount I desire.

Color, for the longest time very bland. And decor defaulted to just stuff. Nothing special. But I've taken a step back and started to experiment with bright happy colors and adjusting my decor to better suit my taste.

Love this post!

somnambulist

Does anyone else like brewing a tea from dried strawberry plant leaves?  I think it tastes really great, and it helps with asthma.  Now I want to go make myself a cup of tea after reading all of your posts!

As far as coffee goes, my morning ritual is to put the kettle on to boil, grind some fresh coffee, and brew in a pour-over carafe.  I think it tastes better, and I like the ritual of watching the water turn to coffee each morning.  Then one of my cats waits patiently until I pour my first cup and sit down on the couch to drink it and check the news.  He of course climbs into my lap to tell me his version of the news first and get some love and affection.  Only then can I start my day.

Bluevermonter

Everyone should start their day w coffee and cat.