Just ask!

Started by Badmemories, September 29, 2014, 04:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badmemories

From My issues I have a hard time asking for help! I have been sleeping on My daughters couch for a while. It's hard to move a bed over here because of UnPDH and his jealousy. I don't want him to think I am planning on making changes! lol

So this week is clean-up week here and I was talking to Neighbor about a computer he had. I notice a couch and ask him about the condition of it. it had a cover on it and the cover looked bad. He lifted it up and the couch underneath was nice looking and he mentioned it was a sleeper.  Finally I thought about it for quit a while. I am trying TO get rid of stuff not gain stuff! i know I can't lift it..
I ask a few neighbors about it and some of the men in the building were gone. so I only had 1 person and needed!  When went too the neighbor that had the couch, he was not home. Just then 3 teenagers came out and I ask them If they could move a couch! The other neighbor was out using the phone that had told me he'd help!   

So Yeah! I got a sleeper couch, and the mattress was one of the really good ones! In great shape with no stains. I am lucky in this small town we have not got bedbugs Yet. Something so hard for me to do is ask for help! (although everyone always asks me!)

any way have to run.. but feeling great.. at least I have a place to sleep! :party:

Rain

WONDERFUL Badmemories.

One step at a time.   And I celebrate your Steps.   Asking for Help and gaining a place for slumberland.

schrödinger's cat

Great news!  :waveline:  I'm similar, asking for help is a big taboo for me.

keepfighting

Oh, BM, I am so happy for you!

One step a time - and this is a BIG one!  :udaman:

I am another one of those who has difficulties in asking for anything for myself. Love your story!  :yes:

JoannaSunshine

Having a safe warm place to sleep is something to be grateful for. Whenever I feel down I just try to remember how lucky I am to at least have food and a warm place to sleep and it makes my other problems not seem so big. Glad things are going well for you.  :)

Anamiame

Earlier this week I wrote in my journal about this very realization.  I DO NOT ask for help--E.V.E.R.  If I do, it's so quiet that people miss that I'm reaching out.