Psilocybin and Remission

Started by gcj07a, September 29, 2023, 02:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gcj07a

After listening to several good lectures and podcasts about how psilocybin works, and acting on my T's advice, I decided I wanted to give give it a shot. Based on the protocols established in a few different phase III drug trials, and in consultation with my T and with a Registered Nurse, I designed and implemented my own therapeutic protocol (it included designing the setting, the mindset I went in with, the music I had, the medications available, etc. I also had a trip sitter). I accessed the magic mushrooms via the gray market (not legal per se, but decriminalized). The insights and spiritual experience I has was fantastic, but even better than that is the virtual elimination of all of my C-PTS symptoms. On the scale used by my psychiatrist, my depression symptoms are virtually non-existent and my anxiety symptoms are their lowest of all time. I have not had an EF since my trip, my SOT has only been activated when I almost got in a car accident, my interpersonal relationships have remarkably improved (esp. with my wife), etc. Maybe most notable of all, however, is how fast and how successfully I have done IFS work with my T since my trip. If you go over to my recovery journal, you'll see my latest dialogue between my parts. That was written after my trip. My most enduring symptom (and most debilitating one) has been my Icr, but he currently being helpful and nor harmful.

I do have fear that all of this is temporary, and maybe it is. But I am hoping that the rewiring in my brain that occurred will at least give me the time I need to move the furniture around in my head before everything locks back into place.

Without any hesitation or caveat, this has been the single most useful thing I have done for my CPTSD.

dollyvee

Thanks for that gcj07a and sharing your experience. That's great that it's helped you.

I've been microdosing (100-150mg) for about a year and have had stuff come up that I don't think would have otherwise ie buried, hidden things and possible/probably dissociation. I use it intentionally and usually journal, ask specific questions about parts etc. Overall, I think it's been very beneficial. I've also had a lessening of "body anxiety," but that could also be because I started detoxing mycotoxins around the same time.

I tried one larger dose (aroung 500mg) last Christmas with mixed results. I did not have a trip sitter, but was in a comfortable setting. I found that I wanted to sleep. Afterwards, I found an article that described this as an effect for those with dissociation.

I hope it holds out for you, but even if you have more healing to do, it sounds like a great jumping off point.