WARNING - Forum Includes Threads about Psychoactive Substances

Started by Kizzie, September 30, 2014, 01:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LucyHenry

Love the openness and honesty. I have had no luck with pharmaceuticals. While it's great for those who are helped by them, I'm tired of the insistence that they are the best or only course of action.
There's a good documentary on netflix for DMT and another for Ayahuasca. I've read that psilocybin can rewire the traumatized brain.
While visiting a legal state, I tried a sativa type cannabis and felt great even though I smoked quite a bit. I tried gummies that were concentrated THC and got anxiety (no worse than too much caffeine) so it's whole plant products only for me. A very low dose CBD tincture just made me sleep really well as did the bath product.

kingkut

Does anyone know any practicing MDMA therapists or other psychedelics in Canada?

Thank you!

sigiriuk

I have tried cannabis, but cannabis doesn't like me.

Alcohol does get rid of my bodily pain, and helps sleep, but alcohol doesn't like me either.

Psilocybin is gentle, and it does not induce terrifying flashbacks. I have found that it  treats me with respect. It also  (scientifically) rearranges our neurons, stimulates new neuron growth, and treats depression after only two therapeutic experiences.
Psilocybin like me...
Slim

Kizzie

QuoteI have tried cannabis, but cannabis doesn't like me.  Alcohol does get rid of my bodily pain, and helps sleep, but alcohol doesn't like me either.

Ditto Slim and thanks for sharing about your experience with psilocybin.  Based on the MAPS clinical trials I had been looking at the potential of MDMA assisted psychotherapy to help us. So far, however, the trials have only been for PTSD, so unsure of whether/how it works for Complex PTSD and trials, if any, are a ways off. It's proving quite helpful for PTSD, but that doesn't mean it's safe/effective with CPTSD. 

Lately I've been reading more about psilocybin and must admit I've become quite interested in its potential. It does seem to be a 'gentle' psychedelic as you've described and I like that you find it treats you with respect:thumbup: