Week one of anti dep withdrawal

Started by Boatsetsailrose, October 31, 2015, 01:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boatsetsailrose

Hello so here goes ,,,
It's week one of anti depressant withdrawal

I am hopeful and fearful that this time I'll be able to stay off them

Anti dep have deaf played a valid part in my recovery and brought me back when I've been in the depths of despair and poor mental health - I am grateful I had them
However, I feel I have reached a point where I have learnt about c PTSD - learnt about my fear and self hated - have now got abstinent from all my addictions and have a lot of emotional support
And all of these things aid me to say 'maybe I can manage my internal/ external world without medication ....

I really hope so

So I thought I'd start a thread so I can write about my experience if withdrawal to help me and maybe it will help someone else - support on his forum is always so welcome and strong

Today I was in a recovery meeting and burst into tears - it felt so good to cry - anti dep has def taken away that ability to emotionally cathart - it felt good after - a release
Also this eve I had a big feeling of self compassion - I find when I'm not on meds I get to self grieve and Pete walker talks about this as important in somatic healing in his book - I feel sad for what ive been through and also feel a kindness towars myself - and a feeling of ' I go through what I do because I have cptsd not because I'm an inherently bad / wrong / stupid/ flawed  person

Being sedated on meds has taken away from me this past yr - here's to waking up  :wave:

arpy1

yay, boatsetsailrose! well done for doing a whole week! i am so glad you're doing ok  :thumbup: :thumbup:. and yes, look forward to keeping up with your experiences and definitely am supporting you in it all.  Kudos   :yes: :yes:  :hug: