The paperwork!!!!! OMG

Started by Dyess, August 18, 2015, 06:13:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dyess

Does anyone else have issues with completing, keeping up with paperwork? I get so  stressed out by not being able to focus on the task and falling further behind. The insurance co wants paperwork, work wants paperwork (from each dept no less) , LTD can't get their act together and wants more paperwork. Haven't had a paycheck since June 2 and it costs me each time I get paperwork filled out by the doctor. It's really wearing on me about now. Anyone else have issues like this?

Dutch Uncle

I do  ;D .

I think it's the reason why bureaucrats are disliked universally: everybody hates paperwork.

Having said that: It's a necessary 'evil'. I also experience the frustration of: "Couldn't somebody have put that in writing so I could have known what I would be facing!"  :pissed:

It's a chore.

One way of getting rid of it is hiring somebody to do it for you. It might cost you an arm and a limb, but it might well be worth it, for your own sanity. F.e. I let my tax-returns be handled by an accountant. She likes doing it, and doesn't mind at all if I show up with the proverbial box of unsorted bills, expenditures and invoices. I still feel 'bad' doing that :stars: , but I've learned to do it anyway. I simply can't keep them sorted during the year, so in the end I surrender, throw everything in a box and drive over.
Problem solved.

woodsgnome

Yes, paperwork drives me nuts...I see where it's helpful sometimes, so okay, I get it, but a lot seems to get redundant. And I actually was an administrator myself once (groan) but did it anyway 'cause the other rewards (artistic organization) outweighed the hazards.

But what really freaked me was the last few times I did therapy. "On a scale of 1-10 how do you feel", etc.  :blahblahblah: :blahblahblah:. The worst was when the T used that to take up half the session. I don't know, it was only the last bunch that did that, too.

I'm fortunate to live a bit below most radar regarding paperwork in other areas, but the T was the worst; nothing like showing up prepared to try and get a handle on things and you leave wondering what/who/why was that all about.