How to approach a situation knowing it may Trigger Loved one.

Started by KeepingHope15, June 24, 2015, 04:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeepingHope15

Does anyone have some ideas on how to approach my SO with a situation that I'm pretty sure is going to Trigger him? I currently work away from home on a 8/6 schedule.  He has had a terrible time dealing with trust and me being away.  My contract is about to end and I have a fantastic opportunity that is a 4/3 schedule but it will be at the same company as an ex-BF.  How do I take care of me and make a good career choice when faced with knowing it might well be the end of our relationship?  Is there a better way to approach it to help to reassure him that I am committed to him alone?

KeepingHope15

Thank you BeHealthy,

Yes, unfortunately I am the breadwinner, and it is a bit of a sore spot with me (FOO values). I would never intentionally hurt him but I also need to be financially smart as well as plan for my career. We are not married and who knows what will happen in the long run? I am not sure if I may be triggered by my ex., but it is definitely something I really need to think about.

I'm sorry to hear that you also must make difficult decisions and appreciate you sharing I guess in the end I need to choose the best for me and my family.  I have 3 beautiful grown girls to set an example for. Sometimes the right choice isn't always the "no waves" easy one.

Have a great day!