Spartanlifecoach

Started by jessetwigg, July 05, 2015, 12:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscen

Hi there guys, I've stumbled across Spartan Life Coach recently and am trying a few exercises and saw this thread, so I thought I'd jump in.

jessetwigg - Thanks for the vid, I've just watched it. I'm finding his stuff really helpful.

mourningdove - I loved Eckhart Tolle and his teachings got me moving on my "journey of self-discovery", but I agree, for me he is missing the puzzle piece of how to deal with the C-PTSD. The weird thing is, I get the sense that Tolle had C-PTSD too - he was suicidally depressed, before his awakening. He gives good advice and an inspiring vision of life on the other side, but I just don't think I can reach there myself with his teachings alone.

Dutch Uncle - I'm finding his videos really helpful so far, although I'm about 5 minutes into the "How to take revenge on a Narcissist" vid and I'm feeling all kinds of nope.
I will watch it to the end, in case I've taken anything out of context, but I don't really understand why you'd want to stoop to the level of a narc.
Maybe it's like in self defence, I don't want to be violent, but I do need to learn how to hurt others just in case, and it helps you feel like you can handle yourself? Hmm.
As it is, seeing my fleas was such a major source of shame that I had to overcome, I don't want to live my life at the level of all these bullsh*t power struggles anymore.
Edit: I finished watching it to the end; he is suggesting getting on the level of a narc as a self-defensive learning tool, and then says you will see how empty it is.

89abc123 - That's so true about freeze types sitting alone watching videos; guess what I'm doing right now!!
As a freeze type, getting myself moving and doing stuff is just so damn hard!!

LilyITV

Oscen, I could totally see Eckhart Tolle having C-PTSD.  I wonder if he's gotten therapy.  He seems to have mastered living in the moment, but at the same time it seems there is something missing. 

Quote from: 89abc123 on June 20, 2016, 12:27:00 PM
I think the biggest mistake people make is thinking that someone has to be the "same" as them to be able to help them.

I'm also a freeze type, But I love that spartanlifecoach is a fight type because narcissistic or not, fight types get in and get * done and that's the mentality I have to force myself to adopt more of if I want to recover.

Fight is the reason spartanlifecoach has recovered enough to make videos.

Freeze is the reason I'm the one sitting alone in my room watching the videos.

It's a sad reality, but I think the point of recovery is to adopt all elements of coping mechanisms. i wish I could turn some of my anger outward (into fitness or business) instead of inward to self loathing and isolation.

I never thought of it this way, but it does make sense that everyone needs all of the coping mechanisms.  I also am predominantly a freeze type and I struggle the most with fight.  I can fight when it comes to others, but for myself, up to now I haven't felt like I matter much. 

I do enjoy spartanlifecoach.  I am drawn to and sometimes terrified by him at the same time.  My father was a fight type so often I am wary of angry men. 

johnram

Like your comment regarding fight type men, and being wary of them
i have this issue, and think i am starting to appreciate them more rather than dismiss (i.e. get intimidated by them)

i had this response initially to SpartanLife coach (i posted seperatly on him here), but couldnt stop listening as he made so much sense to me, talked properly about cPTSD- he got it

johnram

on that note, how are you fairing? what has the best learnings from him been?