Fugue

Started by Cuthberta, August 08, 2015, 08:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuthberta

I did a quick search and couldn't find a mention of fugue, so I thought it might be worth asking if others ever have this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugue_state

I sometimes have episodes of fugue if I am particularly stressed, especially if it involves direct rejection. I have to be very careful about going out in case this happens, because my response ranges from mild to moderate, and I don't really want to get to severe. It is distressing while it is happening, and leaves me exhausted afterwards.

My normal response to stress is to head home. When in a fugue state I head in a different direction; away from home and everything familiar.

Poodle

I have Dissociative Amnesia and occasionaly Dissociative Fugue.   I am usually triggered into fugue by words.  Not so long ago I was watching a TV programme and the main character said a phrase that immediatemy made me dissociate,  and I *left*, I came to, because of the cold, miles from home (I live on my own with my dogs) at 3am, luckily here is very remote and I am perfectly safe doing this, luckily I had stayed on the roads and not gone into the forests.