first time for everything...

Started by arpy1, August 17, 2015, 09:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arpy1

can't believe i am doing this, but hi, all, am doing this as a bit of a last resort because i can't do social interaction at the mo but desperately need some kind of support/network/someone out there who knows what it feels like. Are there any ex-cult survivors out there? also attachment trauma (acc. to therapist) going back to first few years of life. can't write much, too triggering (hate that buzz word but it's the only one that says it). anyone?

Vrizzy

While I may not share your experiences I do want to welcome you and to say I'm here if you want to talk to someone!  :hug:

Does anyone share arpy1's experiences with those events?

Boatsetsailrose

Hello arpy 1
Thank you for sharing
I don't come from the same background as you but I do come from attachment and dysfunctional family and that has had a huge impact on my mental health and life ...
I am 42 yrs old now and am finally getting straight within and outside of myself

Social interaction and anxiety have been a big factor for me and I spent well over 1 yr pretty much reclusive - I just couldn't do people and found the whole thing too much so withdrew . Actually for me I can see now it was helpful and that time alone gave way to things one being working with a child trauma therapist ..

This forum has been a safe place to share and meet others with such similar issues -
I haven't been diagnosed with cptsd ( there is no diagnosis in the UK ) but I tick all the boxes and it was a relief to have a name for what I was/ do experience and a way to get the right support

Speaking about my internal world is so helpful with people who understand

I wish u all best wishes on your recovery journey

arpy1

thank you for your replies. have been looking round on the forum and it's really hard to read what people say because i so relate to so much of it it actually upsets me a lot. ho hum. maybe i will get used to it but at the moment it sends me into a bit of a panic, so may not be able to write for a while. feels like i am stuck in a permanent state of flashback at present. not nice.

Lifecrafting

Welcome Arpy1,
I have found that many of us share the feeling of panic you speak of. It may be different because we have specific experiences and triggers unique to each of us but basically, I think we can all relate to your feelings.

You take care and come back when you are ready. We are here.