I did a good thing! (might be triggering though)

Started by KayFly, August 19, 2015, 03:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KayFly

Hello,

The other day I posted a thread about having an Inappropriate Massage during my partner and I's couples' massage. I didn't get the massage therapist I asked for, and the one i got touched me inappropriately, groping my glutes, touching my breasts in an inappropriate way. I was so violated, so sad, and so reminded of the terrible things that I am working on in therapy, that happened to me as a child...and as an adult

ANOTHER THING TO ADD TO ALL THIS!?

When I tried to contact the owner of the massage place, she tried to downplay what happened.

So I reported it to the Massage Council of California (who gives out licenses), immediately got an investigator.

I also reported that sick jerk to the law enforcement. He is being investigated for sexual battery.  The cop just left my house, and was very nice and supportive and said "You never know how many people he has done this to."

I felt validated, BY A COP! That was a first...

I was also very validated by the investigator at the Massage Council of California.  She knew it was wrong. And both the law enforcement and the Massage Council are working together in the case.

Tonight I was told that the business that undermined my being sexually assaulted, is going to get hit hard.  I feel like I did the right thing by reporting all of this.  I feel like i am an asset in preventing further sexual abuse, and I feel like I stopped 1, but maybe 2 predators in their tracks. 

I have a feeling of empowerment that I cannot describe. My inner child is heard. Her voice is important, and deserves to be heard.

My father spent my whole life trying to make sure that I wouldn't speak out about him molesting me as a child. You wouldn't believe the lengths he went.  And all that effort he made, is the exact amount of effort and energy that I have, toward protecting and calling out Sexual Abuse, calling Abuse, Abuse. I did a good thing today, I stuck up for myself, I possibly helped others, and I feel good about it. I love myself for doing it.

I call this Progress.

Thanks for reading.

K

Dutch Uncle

Well done!  :thumbup:

Congrats on feeling so validated. You deserve that.  :thumbup:

woodsgnome

Huzzah! and Kudos!  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

You said it so beautifully, and it bears repeating: "I have a feeling of empowerment that I cannot describe. My inner child is heard. Her voice is important, and deserves to be heard."

Thank you for sharing this ray of  :sunny: