Five things I like about myself

Started by Vrizzy, August 20, 2015, 12:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vrizzy

Well, some of us if not most of us probably struggle with self-esteem and I've heard that saying positive things about yourself can actually boost that. Trying to think about things you like about yourself will maybe help you to see what you actually do like about yourself!

The minimum is five things but you can do more than that. ^^

I'll go first:

• My copper hair
  • My ability to write
  • That I can speak my mind
  • That I can mimic people and animals
  • That I am smart

Your turn!  :hug:

woodsgnome

...strong sense of empathy
....wonder/imagination
....creative flair
...mindfulness
...idiosyncratic/independent

Dutch Uncle

- being straightforward (being quiet/listening when I can't be comes with that territory)
- inquisitive ("inquiring/curious minds want to know")
- perseverance
- "down to earth"
- I'm an outdoor man. Could well be outdoors in a city though.
- I like a good laugh.

- Since many times people have told me I'm a great 'presenter', I guess I should put "good advertiser/speaker" or something to that effect here. I like doing it, I've been a guide and presented several projects I (we) have been working on to the public. Personally I don't feel it's very special. But a dear friend once told me, in a very pervasive manner: "Don't brush this off! You may think it doesn't mean much, but it's a rare gift you have!"

Vrizzy

Those are wonderful things that you are able to see in yourselves!  :hug: Woodgnome, creativity is fun to have because you can see things in ways other people can't! So you can come up with ideas sometimes! And Dutch Uncle, laughter is the best medicine as the saying goes!

Um I'll add five more since I have been struggling a bit...

~I am a good artist
~I am good with animals
~I am loyal
~I can sing well
~I can understand things that are sometimes hard for most to understand (part of having Asperger's)

KayFly

I'm creative
I'm talented
I'm funny
I like to help people
I'm strong

Vrizzy

I agree with that, especially the last one! :hug:

JohnnyBoy

hmmm having a very hard time with this one right now..........

good with my hands
honest
hardworking
caring

eh....all I can manage is four http://outofthefog.net/C-PTSD/forum/Smileys/classic/cry.gif

Vrizzy

I'm sending you a virtual hug.  :hug: I am sure there is way much more to like about you! I hope you are feeling better as soon as possible!

JohnnyBoy

awww thank you, I'm feeling alittle better, found out some amazng things at work, or scary whichever way you look.

I found another

I'm a very fast worker when I want to be.

serkinglight

talented
kind
open-minded
creative (once you scratch the surface)
egalitarian (not snobby)

Lifecrafting

This is a good idea, Vrizzy!

1. I have a positive outlook in most situations.
2. I have a good work ethic.
3. I am inquisitive.
4. I am considerate of others.
5. I think creatively in situations that seem to be anything but creative.

DaisyMae

I just had to do this assignment in Group therapy.  Love everyone's lists.  There are so many caring, talented, smart people at OOTS.  The 5 things I like about myself are:

1) I am a Good Listener
2) I am Empathetic
3) I am Open-Minded; see the Big Picture
4) I am Honest
5) I love to laugh (except at clowns) - Laughter is the best medicine and it helps to lessen the sadness, hopelessness.
lol  :wave:

Lifecrafting

Nothing to do with me, I would like to tell you that I think you are really great for creating this positive place. Thank you, Vrizzy!

JohnnyBoy

well the smileys aren't wanting to work so Ill just type *yeahthat

DaisyMae

Yes, thank you Vrizzy! ;D  This is a wonderful, positive thread that you started.  It is an excellent place for all of us to help to define our sense of self and work on the path of recovery.  To keep our minds off of the past and work to move forward.

DaisyMae  :hug: