Five things I like about myself

Started by Vrizzy, August 20, 2015, 12:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vrizzy

<squees> Thanks friends! I just thought it would help to look at things about yourself that are positive and that you like. It's helped me with my self-esteem to an extent! :)

Rainydaze

This is a wonderful thread.  ;D

1. I love 80s sci-fi movies, the cheesier the better.
2. I have green fingers and know a few things about plants.
3. I am hard working.
4. I am kind
5. I look after my pets very well

JohnnyBoy

Hmmmm

1. * I done forgot what I was gonna put lol......I'm good with electrical theory and running wire (one of only a handful who can measure by eye ...without measuring tape.)
2. I'm getting mentally and physically stronger

Boatsetsailrose

5 things I like about me

I have lost 3 stone this yr - 42 lbs
I am caring
Good sense of humour
Fun
Down to earth

Wife#2

* I can be silly (I consider this a virtue)
* I am a good writer / storyteller
* I have deep empathy
* I'm a good mother (but I could be much, much better)
* Even when I feel like hiding, I'll face people/things that feel unpleasant
* I can keep secrets (Ok, that's 6, but hey, I figured I'd keep going since this is a good minute)

And, Boatsetsailrose - I think I found one of your lost stone!

LookInside

I'm strong, I persevere, i work really hard, I set boundaries, I act with integrity.

moony

I have a good sense of humor
I have excellent style and color sense
I am actively working on improving myself (and succeeding!)
I am a gentle and kind hearted person
I don't give up!

~Lapis-Lazuli~

1. My artistic ability
2. My dark sense of humor
3. My Asperger's makes me unique
4. I am loyal (Even though relationships are hard for me, and I feel like I don't have energy for them, you better believe that I will stick up for you.)
5. I am a nerd!

radical

1. My curiosity about all sorts of things
2. My sensitivity, particularly to other people's feelings
3. I can laugh at myself
4. I like people who are a bit different, and I'm  bit different
5. I stand up for others when i feel they are being treated unkindly or unfairly, lately I've started standing up for myself

TwinCinema

1. People feel comfortable confiding in me, even if they haven't known me for very long.
2. Eclectic taste in pop-culture.
I like that I have room in my library for everything from foul-mouthed punk to Muppets soundtracks.
3. I have a knack for performance. Theatre, improv, stand-up, I even hosted two weekly radio shows at college last semester.
I discount that about myself a lot, but apparently not everyone feels comfortable putting themselves out there like that,
4. Genial, goofy sense of humor
5. Compassion for those who aren't considered "popular" or "cool".

sanmagic7

i'm a 60's flower child/hippie soul
i'm giving
i laugh loudly and easily
i believe in the Magic
i'm a wonderful and loyal friend

Blueberry

1. when I've had a hard / down phase, I pick up the pieces of me or my life again and get going again
2. I'm kind to animals (except mosquitos, and flies in my kitchen etc)
3. I'm a helpful person (so long as I'm not behaving co-dependently that's a good thing)
4. I have a good sense of humour
5. I'm good at re-motivating unmotivated children to learn
6. I'm good at breaking information down to teach it in minute steps to developmentally-delayed children, and good at teaching kinesthetically to those who can't learn in a 'normal' academic way
7. I mostly taught myself how to do points 5. and 6. - this wasn't what I studied.
8. I took part in some wild plant/flower excursions, took the time to practise and assimilate the knowledge and now know what I can pick and eat in the wild (or in the garden LOL)
9. I'm making progress in many ways
10. I'm discovering and working more and more with and on my creativity
11. I have a strong sense of justice and fairness
12. I can apologise (I used not to be able to)
13. my critical-thinking skills
14. I'm compassionate for those who have suffered or are in a bad way AND I don't always let that detract from myself / treat myself badly in comparison / give these other people more than I'm giving myself
15. At the moment I like the roll of fat on my stomach, I like the feel of it, and to feel it with my hand.
16. I'm courageous. I feel lots of courage expressing point 15. openly
17. Somewhere deep within me I have the answers, the solutions to my psychological problems, or the healing tools for this injury called  C-PTSD

I didn't think I would get beyond point 4, but it all started flowing once I allowed myself to turn the non-verbal feelings behind points 5 and 6 into words and write them down.

SunBear

I like my green eyes
I like that I have gone back to colouring my hair any colour I want to, (currently looks like a refresher, all orange and pink and tangy) and I like that I'm taking real good care of my hair too to do so.
My wonder of the world (big and small)  - Its a beautiful place to explore and I love that quality about me.
I like that I give back to the planet as much as I possible can right now.
I really like my freckles.
I like me a lot more since I've started recovery.

what a nice post to post in, thank you  :cheer:

CherryBlossom

This is very difficult.   

I know a little about a lot of things - and that can be useful.
I am loyal.
I am caring to others.
I have tremendous love for my children.
I can cook with the herbs from my potted herb garden.

This was VERY hard.    I don't think I like myself.  I think I'm depressed.   Thank you for this post.    I will keep working on me.

faith

Great post! We all need to find things we like and appreciate about ourselves everyday!
1. I am a caring and extremely empathetic person.
2. I love my family and take very good care of them.
3. I have been a great mother.
4. I am honest.
5. I am loyal.
6. I am faithful.
7. I love animals. Mine are so wonderful!
My deepest desire is that everyone hurt by abuse would be made whole again :cheer: