Will require to stay with abuser for 2 weeks

Started by tiggerd2, August 22, 2015, 07:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiggerd2

Hi
I need some ideas. I moved back here during divorce from diagnosed SP/NP (approx. 7 yrs ago). I've isolated and have no support system. This week during work with T, I realized my dad is at least NP.

By mistake I told my dad and family, my dad's 'secret'. Because of that he made his massage therapist his HCPOA although I'm a nurse. I'm not on list to be notified if anything happens. - deal with that at some other time.

Problem:
I have to have shoulder surgery and the due date is Sept 10th. I'm needing to stay with my parents for at least 2 weeks. I have put off surgery for 10yrs due to SP/NP causing injury.
I can't put off surgery anymore due to all the damage. I can't stay alone the 1st 2 weeks. He will play victim because of my surgery (because he can't deal with my pain, focus has to be on him).
Working with Marsh Linehan's book.

I feel like I'm walking into the movie "Misery".
Ideas?
PS: I've stuffed the feelings for 18 yrs and now it's all coming back

stillhere

Triggerd2, I keep thinking about your dilemma, but I'm not sure have the ideas you've asked for.  Also, I don't know much about your situation, obviously, and I'm probably identifying my own history in your story.

But my first concern is safety.  Is a two-week stay safe?  Can you make it safer?  Is there anyone you might be on call for these weeks, so you can at least hear a sympathetic voice?  You have this forum, of course, if you can be online (safely, that is). 

Would keeping a journal of the experience help (shoulder surgery might make that hard)?  Sometimes, writing the story as it unfolds helps to put it in its place or at least keep it from seeming to spiral out of control.  Many years ago, before I went NC, I tried to spend a week with my narcissistic mother, I had a T who suggested this strategy.  But it requires enough privacy to be undetected, or at least lack of privacy meant it didn't work for me.

I wish you peace, as much and as soon as possible