Van der Kolk

Started by Rain, October 10, 2014, 01:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain

schrödinger's cat

Thanks for the link. Interesting to hear that so many PTSD survivors find this physical angle so helpful - yoga, dancing, acupuncture and so on. It reminds me of what Peter Levine does.

It would be nice though if there were some agreement on what actually helps with PTSD and CPTSD. To judge from that article, it's like pot-hitting - you keep on crawling along by the skin of your teeth and grasping at things until something works.

Rain

ohhhh no, BeHea1thy!   I am so sorry ...3 times re-traumatized.

Balance...the word "balance" in all of life.

This brings tears in reading what you went through.   And your T was trying to help.   oh sigh.

Kizzie

Good heavens BH, so sorry to hear that you were retraumatized.  :hug:  I had a similar experience with EMDR and understand now that while it is effective with PTSD, it must be tailored for CPTSD. 

Perhaps these might be a good bad examples for the "What We Want Mental Health Professionals to Know About CPTSD" thread.  I don't want to scare anyone away from therapy, just to have something to take or show their T's about what they should know about CPTSD before choosing a particular treatment approach.