Neuro-immune Disorder - Fibromyalgia?

Started by Kizzie, August 25, 2015, 03:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KayFly

Kizzie-

Of course!  :hug: I know you don't have a diagnosis yet, and I'm sorry about that...it can be so frustrating to not know whats going on.

I have made major changes in my diet this year and have lost about 20 pounds, and haven't really been sick.  I also had to get a tonsillectomy in at the beginning of the year (tonsils were always making me sick), but then the diet and supplements like probiotics and a multivitamin have helped immensely. I used to get sick all the time, I was lethargic and lazy, but once I started eating better, and juicing frequently, I was more motivated to exercise and have been getting healthier all the time. Never get sick anymore.

I have had breathing problems for a couple of months now and have been eating strictly paleo or gluten free for the past week and have gotten my breathing under control a bit more. Not completely, but the diet, with key supplementation and breathing exercises for me, I think I can beat this thing.

Just eating a clean diet, without harmful ingredients like refined sugar and added hormones and preservatives, is proven to improve health, and sometimes cure diseases. Paleo diet is one of the clean diets known for that. It exludes bread and lots of dairy (but not all), because (for asthma) it causes inflammation and breathing episodes, but it also is high in vitamin D which helps the body restore itself for healing...

I'll keep you posted as I go along. Letting go of pizza is my big hurdle, but I still eat a lot of yummy food, I just have to pay attention to it, because I need to be able to breathe, because athsma can actually kill you, so that's why I take this so seriously...

And also just everything I have read up on carrot juice curing several cases of cancer, has made me want to juice all the time and cleanse. Our body holds 3-8 meals at a time, so when I do a 3 day juice cleanse, it just flushes that out, which could be stored toxins, etc which is why it probably cures many types of cancer.

I'm just throwing out the info as I get it and I will tell you how the diet and supplements work for my asthma down the road when I have more results.

Best

K

Dutch Uncle

Quote from: missbliss on September 13, 2015, 09:24:41 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXXTLf7oouU

:thumbup:
excellent TEDtalk on a correlation of childhood repetitive stress factors and physical heath later in life.

Thanks for sharing.

Kizzie

Thanks for this link MissBliss   :hug:, she makes the science behind childhood adversity and physical health problems in adulthood abundantly clear  :thumbup: 

Kizzie

I just posted in the "Today I realized ...." forum that I am finding I am really distracted these days, and as I was writing I had another realization about just how angry and sad I am over all these physical problems that are coming up/worsening. 

They are yet another price I am paying for having been abused. I've done my best to recover emotionally and have achieved a lot, so why do I now have to face life-altering and -encompassing physical problems?  I do not want to be a statistic (i.e., the Adverse Childhood Events study) and yet here I am, and it is what it is. In the end I will deal with it, just wish I didn't have to.   

KayFly

I know how you feel Kizzie. I have been going through some physical things as well as a result of all the crap that already hurts so bad.  My physical problems don't seem to be as bad as what you are going through.  I'm very sorry for your pain, and can understand it can be distracting and very upsetting.

I hope that things start to look up for your health, and please continue to reach out. I'm here with you, as are many here. Much love to you Kizzie.  :hug:

Kizzie

Right backatcha KayFly  :hug: I hope you are able to get on top of your health issues soon  :yes:

Kizzie

I finally got back to see my GP for my results and it does not look like I do have FM.  I don't have all the symptoms (yay) and my lab tests came back clear (yay).  So what's up with the symptoms I do have? 

My GP and physiotherapist see my muscle/joint pain and fatigue as a result of severe osteoarthrtis in my knees which is making me walk oddly and is stressing joints etc., in ways that they should not be. 

The rest of my symptoms seem to be CPTSD related as near as my GP and I can sort out.  The "fibro fog" I had a lot of in the past relates to having EFs and dissociating, and sleep disturbances to revisiting/leaking trauma. As I recover these are decreasing whereas if I had FM they would keep recurring so yay to not having FM. The sensitivity to light, noise, temperature and smells is likely due to too much adrenaline, cortisol and so on over the years and a system that is raw and easily overstimulated. 

OK, so I have a better idea what's going on now and while I am relieved I don't have FM, I find myself quite angry that after working so hard to recover from CPTSD, I am faced with physical problems because of it. :thumbdown:

arpy1

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

i am really happy for you the results came back neg for FM; i really understand the anger too, it seems so unfair, but i hope and believe as we heal our over-taxed bodies will get the message too and improve. much support, Kizzie  :hug: :hug:

Kizzie

Tks so much Arpy, hopefully you're right and as we offload/decrease all the stress our bodies can rebuild :hug:

EmoVulcan

Sorry kizzie, and anyone else with these painful disorders. :hug:

I think it may be a true part of this C-PTSD. I hope you can follow my thoughts, on some things that I have come to believe in my quest to be pain free.

When we keep in our emotional reactions, we keep in tension and stress.  Normal cause of sore muscles, headaches, general irritive discomfort.  Which, I think a person in psychic distress, thoughts do not quite trigger nerves in a sensory sense, but in a memory attachment sense.  Pain in my joints always seem worse when I am dissociative, upset, and confused..I realized I had been using hyperrealization to ground me in my body...the other state being tilting planes and fog.

Reinforcement over time, could intensify. the feeling of pain, affecting the function of the mechanics.  Which in turn can cause physical evidence of disease, but science and medicine cannot discern this.  Though we all know pain is in fact all in one's head.

Medical marijuana, and a complete dietary change to natural packaged food, dropped 50 Lbs and for the first time ever I wear a size one at the age of 53.  I walk miles without pain, and I have not had knee pain near as severe, wearing out patellas.

But I do feel "phantom" pain when my state of being is less well attached in efs, and dissociation.

Labels and the availability of so many forms of anti-depressants and pain killers looks like medicine ids in denial, I suppose the demand indicates the money is too good for them to end our desperate grasping at straws.  And I am sure we all wish the answer is a simple as swallowing drugs, that are  just as well termed as placebos.  The mind is a powerful thing...but it has to be deceived into some things it seems.

basically0kkim

Auto and Neuro immune for me. I have had Psoriasis since infancy but it took quite some time to get that diagnosis. I have to say that I knew I had significant trauma and possible PTSD symptoms throught my life but I always discounted it and self-medicated until 17+ years ago. then I used a 12 step program to manage symptoms. Then, Psoriatic Arthritis 5 years ago and just this year got diagnoses of CPTSD/GAD w/depression and Fibromyalgia. Ignoring my MI's has only made more somatic symptoms surface. I hope you find some relief, Kizzie. I use water therapy, aromatherapy, massage and meditation along with talk therapy. Peace.

Phoenix

with Fibro can you ever be pain free again?
I've been out of work and bouncing from doctor to doctor to try and figure out where all my symptoms are coming from... I'm going for a neck/spine MRI this week - but the last four doctors have said Fibromyalgia - only my physical therapist disagrees with that.
but... what then? I'm already on antidepressants, neuropathic pain meds, go to therapy, do yoga, go to physical therapy, do aqua aerobics, watch what I eat, haven't been to work in ages, go to five million doctors... but each day the pain is worse... I'm only 33. How can this be it? :( :( :( that's just it? fibromyalgia and good luck?