Is it migraines or headaches?

Started by betamax524, February 12, 2016, 06:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

betamax524

Recently I've noticed that my head aches a lot, and at most it's a few hours each day... The thing is, I'm not sure if it's migraines or simple headaches, because the one thing everyone asks me is "Is the pain unbearable?" which is a struggle in itself to answer thanks to my skewed sense of pain.

What I have noticed is that the aching in my head tends to be either "dull" yet I feel it equally around my temples, forehead, and sometimes even scalp and sinuses, or the pain "throbs" and I end up hearing my own heartbeat. (Which is quite unsettling.) The pain also seems to be aggravated by loud noises and bright lights. Sometimes I also start to feel nauseous as well.

I drink paracetamol to combat it, but it feels like the pain never really goes away, just becoming more manageable/easier to ignore... Following this chart of pain http://40.media.tumblr.com/ba2b35c756ef24ab26dacafd192d1914/tumblr_nozfr0vmUc1rok2dro1_500.jpg, I'd say my headaches range from a level 2 to 5. While typing this up, I'd say I feel like... a 3.5? 4.25? Like I said, pain is confusing for me to gauge effectively...

Anyone have any suggestions? Ideally I'd get this checked out by a doctor as soon as possible, but getting out of the house seems like a big challenge on some days, or I just plain forget.

Dutch Uncle

Quote from: betamax524 on February 12, 2016, 06:48:41 PM
Anyone have any suggestions? Ideally I'd get this checked out by a doctor as soon as possible, but getting out of the house seems like a big challenge on some days, or I just plain forget.
I don't want to be pushy in any way, but I do suggest considering going to a doctor.
Does your doctor make house calls? Can (s)he come to you? Tell them you're bedridden/too dizzy and can't come over yourself?
Or is it possible for you to say to yourself (your Inner Child, your Inner Nurturer or your Inner Critic even) something like: "I will take care of my body here, and I can go to a doctor who can and will help me with a physical ailment I experience at the moment. I will be doing myself  a favor, even while I don't want to go outdoors."?

Other then that I don't have suggestions.
I wish you well and hope your will find a soothing treatment for your headaches.

:hug:

betamax524

I'll most likely go see a doctor as soon as possible! I've made plans to go out places this week, so hopefully squeezing in an appointment will be easy :~)