Paranoia- possible trigger

Started by tiggerd2, September 27, 2015, 02:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiggerd2

Honesty- At times I feel a bit paranoid about the site. My ex is a NP/NP psychotherapist. He had his 1st 2 wives put inpatient, diagnosed, medicated, put inpatient again, more diagnoses, more medications.
I was the one he couldn't get put inpatient. I was the one who got away.
He is remarried and his current wife has looked me up on Linked IN after all these years.
He was able to hurt me from a state he doesn't live.
I know there are no guarantees. I just wanted to say I feel afraid at times when I'm so honest.

Dyess

Well seems odd that he marries all these women that need such help. Glad you got away. You are safe here and can be as honest as you want. Just don't add too much detail that someone may cue in on as who you are. Glad you are here and I hope you feel safe here. Did you talk to the new wife?

Dutch Uncle

Quote from: tiggerd2 on September 27, 2015, 02:33:06 AM
I just wanted to say I feel afraid at times when I'm so honest.
I just want to say how brave I think you are for doing this for yourself, regardless of your fear from him.
And I want to add, and this may possibly come across as one-upmanship, which it is not meant to be, but I think paranoia is the wrong term here: You have good reason for your fear, the history of his treatment of his two previous wifes warrants it.

I'm going to quote a T I've spoken to, when I was sent to her (a whole team in fact) for a possible anxiety disorder. When I spoke of my anxiety I was under the impression that anxiety was irrational by definition, and so I required help/treatment. The T quickly cleared that space (after some inquiry, not just by the back of her hand  ;) ) when she said: "Uncle, anxiety can be very rational. It can be a very healthy emotion."

:hug:

tiggerd2

Thank you. With these abusers, they think of and capable of doing things I would never could dream of doing. Those thoughts are inconceivable. They use people in ways I wouldn't/couldn't think of.

stillhere

Triggerd2, have I have a little of the same concern. 

Members of my FOO have more than once tried to have me institutionalized involuntarily, and some are now engaged in a campaign to undermine what security I have.  I've been loathe to tell the story in detail on line, knowing that they might find it, recognize my identity, and use anything I've posted as ammunition in a campaign that seemingly has no end.

So I avoid telling tales that could mark me.  In the few weeks I've been here, this site has been a fabulous resource.  And it links us together from all over the world (which still seems cool). 

But take care.  You're not paranoid.  You're vigilant.  You've learned that vigilance is a tool for survival.