Has anyone else had this happen......scary facebook confrontation

Started by fairyslipper, August 24, 2015, 05:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fairyslipper

I didn't know where else to share this.......I have had the weirdest and scariest facebook confrontation tonight. I shared a little while back about a woman I was friends with for several years that was really starting to annoy me with how she always talked over me, showed no interest or empathy in anything I shared with her about some of the things our family has been dealing with this past year. For years I had listened to her, helped her and been a true friend I thought and now when I couldn't do it anymore she literally turned on me. I am still shaking after reading her posts today. I started to drift away from her and not engage anymore in her drama filled posts. I was friendly and kept it more surface-y. Her stuff was very negative and dragging me down and I have a full plate at the moment myself.

Well, she wrote me a while back and told me how unhappy she was with the way I was treating her. She basically said I was never there for her and how hurt she was that I was no longer helping her with her problems. She became pretty cutting and critical and said she basically felt like just leaving me alone. So I figured after that verbal barrage I would block her and unfriend her and that would be the end of it. Well she messaged me with one of her  fake names a week ago and said she was extending an olive branch trying to rekindle our friendship and how it hurt her that I HAD DISPOSED of her  :stars: I stupidly wrote her back last night, explaining that she had said she no longer wanted to have anything to do with me and that I was really confused by her message saying I had rejected her. Well then today/tonight she writes back...... all together 10 scathing letters........going on and on about how I disposed of her and how she IS NOT DISPOSABLE......all caps and then on some nonsensical rant about her mom hanging up on her and her ex husbands etc and how my blocking her made her feel the same way.....VERY hurt!!!!?? I was shocked reading it but then it really scared me. She started saying all of these things about me that made no sense and weren't even true. I didn't answer that one not knowing what to even say and just deleted them. It was seriously crazy. Then since I didn't answer them, I got another one a few hours later......it was like on and off all day she had been sending these crazy messages to me..... I saved the last one and I copied it to paste here. After reading the last message she sent I messaged her and told her to leave me alone, that I meant it and nothing she was saying was making any sense to me. Here is her last message:

------I really am tired of defending myself.  I do not know what part of You hurt me this time that you do not understand.  I am DONE.  I really am done.  I don't care what you do now.  I did not get any apology from you only excuses.....and repeats of things I do wrong.  Take all of your positive energy and stick it where the done don't shine.  You have had 24 hours to reply to me.  You have had the chance to re friend me, but I will tell you now.  You do not deserve a friend like me.  One thing I do like about myself is I am a loyal friend.....but I have reached my limit.  Goodbye.  Have a nice life.------

I don't know it just really upset me. I have never had anyone do anything like this before. And she is someone I met online and have talked to on the phone a lot over the years. She knows personal stuff about me and now I feel scared like she is stalking me in a way, sending these letters over and over saying how she is "DONE" when apparently she isn't and using a fake fb to get to me when I had her blocked. I tried to block her again but fb won't let because I unblocked her to respond to her other  message and have to wait 2 days before I can do it again. I feel so stupid for letting someone like her into my life. I felt like there were some red flags at the beginning of the friendship, but unfortunately I ignored them.

I have dealt with the narcissistic rage from my mother but never someone outside of my family and this is exactly what it feels like. She is ticked because I am no longer there to listen to her endless drama..........but why not just leave me alone? Sorry to go on, it just really scared me. I am going to deactivate my account until Tuesday that way she won't be able to send anything else to me and enough time will have passed for me to be able to block her again. This whole thing is just crazy and scaring me to even let anyone else in my life. You just never know what you are dealing with. Thanks for listening.  :hug:

KayFly

Hey Fairyslipper,

What a psycho! You did the right thing by blocking her in the first place and by blocking her again. But if you hear any more from her, report it to Facebook.  I've reported things on Facebook before that have gotten people's accounts deleted. Its harassment. You are entitled to filing police reports for online harassment as well as phone harassment.  You could actually technically file a stalking order of sorts against her (JUST in case you were living in a lot of fear about the situation).

I use the law when someone is bothering me to an extreme that freaks me out that much. I don't know if you would be comfortable with any of that, but I am just saying what has worked for me in the past...

I'm sorry this lady bugged you so much that you had to deactivate your account. She shouldn't have that power over you. I really relate. I have a lot of weird family members, and I finally just permanently deleted my account so i wouldn't be triggered anymore, but if it weren't so bad like that, I would have probably kept my FB to stay in touch with friends.

I hope this all pans out for you...That lady is super crazy. I'm glad you opened up about it. Keep us posted.  :hug:

fairyslipper

KayFly, thank you  :hug: I have never experienced anything like this before. I am doing better today. I think it was the intensity..that she spent the better part of her day yesterday messaging me with nothing but criticisms and ending them with how much I hurt her. It is psycho.......and I have no problem reporting her if she continues. I am so tired of people like this that treat others this way and get away with it. It is harassment you are so right! I just could not stop shaking last night....and slept very fitfully. I think using the law is very good too and would do that too if I needed to. I agree so much. It made me mad that I had to deactivate it but I felt it was the only way to completely block her ability to reach me. So I will reactivate it tomorrow night and maybe change my name somehow. I am so leery of adding any new friends. Honestly if it weren't for my business page I probably wouldn't even use facebook much anymore. My biggest concern was she would somehow get to that page and post bad reviews or who knows what. I have blocked her from that also but it is only a matter of time until she figures that out.

I am so sorry you have had to deal with this with family members.  :hug: That would be incredibly triggering. I blocked mine when I set it up and so far so good. But we should not have to go to these extremes. Sadly some of those people just cannot act like adults. I mean who chases someone that wants nothing to do with them anymore.......someone very desperate and insecure I think.

Thank you  :hug: :hug:

KayFly

Hey FairySlipper,

I'm glad you are feeling better.  It's really great that you feel comfortable reporting anything that you need to.   :applause:   Sometimes that can be very empowering and it goes to show you really are willing to go whatever lengths to protect your IC. 

I don't think you should have to change you name on FB. I would report all of her emails/Facebook names to FB to start for sure.

I'm so sorry you had to deal with such bothersome harassment. People are insane.  Thank you for your empathy about my family members. I've been doing well since I haven't been on facebook. But I am glad that you are able to use it for your business. And i hope your business thrives and this weird lady goes away.

:hug:

fairyslipper

Thank you. I agree with you. The more I thought about it I am not going to change my name. I changed as many settings as I could to get it as private as possible. And if she does contact me again using a fake name I am ready to report her. Thanks!!!  ;) It is empowering. In the past I would have been too afraid....but not anymore... what right does anybody have to harass somebody anywhere? Progress  :yes: I am glad you are doing well -- it is so important for us to take whatever steps necessary for our healing.  :hug: :hug:

KayFly

That is so great fairyslipper! Doesn't it feel good to take your life back? Way to stand your ground and be strong!

Have a great day! :hug:

Cocobird

That's really hard to deal with. I'm glad you have cut her off. You need to take care of yourself, not other people who obviously have issues.

Hope you feel better about it as time passes.