Dr. Appt for new anti-depressants, sleep meds

Started by blackbird1, September 20, 2015, 07:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackbird1

There sure is a lot of information at this site for psychotropics.  It's comforting to know I'm not alone (my sister would make fun of me for taking meds - interesting because she took antidepressants also yet I was the "crazy" one).  I have been off all psychotropics for about a year and a half.  This was probably a mistake, as I have been diagnosed with major depression. 

I was hanging in there (employed but not doing a lot of socializing) until I quit smoking this May.

I don't know why, but I couldn't sleep, lost interest in my usual activities, and was suffering from some major EF and anxiety.

I'm done with the suffering and am going to the doctor this week.  You know the feeling that you really need to do something for yourself (like get on some antidepressants) but you're just too tired to do it?  Well, I'm going in.  I've taken a variety of meds in the past but obviously some work better than others.  Paxil and Prosac weren't too great for me.  I think Wellbutrin worked well for the quitting smoking and Zoloft was OK.
I hope my doctor has a good background with antidepressants.  It's weird that GP's prescribe them anyway.  I don't have a therapist.

The doctor prescribed me zolpidem for insomnia and that really never helped.  Plus, I had a period when I didn't remember what I was doing (could tell I was playing a computer game because score was really high).

And, since I live in Washington, I went and bought some marijuana.  Haven't used for many years because made me paranoid.  Got the extract to put in herbal tea, indica, works great.  Also its a pain reliever.
Doesn't make me feel high, maybe a little numb.

Hope it doesn't become a habit though.  I drank way too much alcohol in my 20's, went to AA and all that.  I guess I just wanted to share where I'm at right now, if anyone can relate.