Cool New Tools

Started by Widdiful Falling, September 16, 2015, 04:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Widdiful Falling

My lovely and dear friend has been sharing her tools for recovery with me, and I would like to pass them along to everyone here.  ;D

Tool #1:
When you're feeling anxious about a particular event, construct a personal narrative that goes beyond completing your goal. Include how you feel now, how you will feel during your task, and how you will feel afterwards. It doesn't have to be profound, or even in a spoken language.

Tool #2:
When you don't know what you want out of life, and can't figure out what to do next, sometimes it helps to break it down. Think of an inspiring (not necessarily good) moment in your life. Then answer these questions about it: Where are you? What would you like to achieve? How can you achieve it? Don't worry if you can't answer every question. Do this with as many moments of inspiration as you can.

Both of these tools have helped me, although the second one is wearisome, and should only be undertaken if you know where your limits are. What I like about them is that they can be used at times when writing in a journal, or otherwise expressing emotion is impractical.

Butterfly

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing this, sounds very cool.