Cuddlers

Started by AndyT, October 13, 2014, 02:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyT

I have found soft toys can be helpful, sounds crazy but they can be very helpful. My own therapist recounted a story how a soft toy helped in a emergency. So hang on to them!!!

keepfighting

:thumbup:

Last year, I had the severest depression I ever had - not even interested in chocolate or any food for that matter (barely ate at all). I couldn't find comfort anywhere.

My (then) 8 year old DD gave me one of her cuddly toys for comfort. I slept with it, as embarassing as it sounds. I thought it was so sweet of DD.  :hug:

To get out of the depression, my t told me to do something nice for me every day, something that I would normally enjoy, to make me feel that life had to offer good things, as well. First day, I bought a box of handmade Belgian chocolates and ate one every day. Second day, I bought a soft cushion for my couch - for me only!

Even though right now I don't need them any more, I keep a box of chocolates in my storage and the cuddly toy next to my bed and the cushion has gone into the closet. I know they are there for me if I need them...

schrödinger's cat

That is sweet. You have a lovely daughter, I think.

I've got things like that too - a meditation pillow and a really pretty mug, pink and covered in pictures of perblexed-looking owls. And my coffee grinder and espresso cafetera. Just superfluous things that aren't really necessary for survival, and that I didn't buy for all of us, just for me. Whenever I look at them, I've got this warm and content feeling inside.

AndyT

I have two a Dolphin and a Hedgehog that have saved me many times over. The Hedgehog was in my pocket during my tribunals (to report back lol).

Kizzie

Well seeing as we're fessing up, I saw a giant teddy bear at Wal Mart last week and my IC wanted it so I got it.  It filled the enitre shopping cart.  We sat it up in the back seat and put the seat belt on (yes, it's that big) and rolled down the window.  People would look over and start to laugh as we rolled by.  It was a lot of fun  ;D

Rain

Here in the States, Mr. Bear could also be quite useful for those faster lanes in the big cities where you have to have multiple passengers to use those lanes.   Put a nice suit on him ...presto!   hehehe!

I bet Mr. Bear would be fun to lean into while reading a book.    ;D

Kizzie

Eek, first my squirrely hair and now my reading habits (TB really is such a nice guy to snuggle up with - after my H that is).   

Rain

yeeesss, indeedie, Kizzie ...we know alll sorts of things!!   covert forum stalkers.   eeeek!

the lovely hairdo ...squirrel style.   

the early evening snuggling up with TB as your IC reads him bedtime stories (or forum posts)

Me?  I have blankets everywhere for cuddlers ...Linus was my hero with his security blanket (well, it really was Snoopy stealing said blanket that was really my favorite).   BEST cuddlers of all are our dogs and cats!!!

Now, Kizzie ...do you have full conversations with Mr. Bear?    :yes:

Kizzie

Er, um ....... well possibly  :blink:

Rain

Mr. Bear's second cousin, twice removed    :Monsta:

Kizzie

Rain

Quote from: Kizzie on October 15, 2014, 02:50:36 AM
Er, um ....... well possibly  :blink:

I am still laughing on your hilarious reply, K

schrödinger's cat

Now I want a cuddly toy for myself. Hmmmm. Do you think that there's this nesting instinct thing going on if you're traumatized?

Badmemories

I guess My chihuahuas are My cuddling object.  I have 4 right now... one I need to sell, My female and My male..and My daughter has one!  Sleeping on the couch with all of them gets to be tricky. Last night on the couch I felt like I didn't have any room, and noticed Momma Chi was sleeping and had half of the couch LOL. They are a great companion for me.. No matter HOW BAD I get they are there for me! They lick My tears, keep me warm at night. It is like hot water bottles to sleep with! They are easy to keep! Don't talk back! great listeners...  :sunny: :sunny:

Badmemories

The are.. and I hated them before My D got the female first and couldn't keep it. Then she talked a BF into buying her a male... and so I got him too! Since I live with her now One of the puppies in the second to the last litter she kept. I still have one left to sell... I should be in a hurry, but I never am in a hurry to get rid of them ( not that I want to keep them) I just think It is good for the puppies to be exposed to the parents as long as possible. and they get socialized that way! (and I have been lazy on getting an ad in the paper.)

They are great to because they are small, I don't have to walk them (they use litter pads in the house) they are easy to feed, think cheap. They are actually very smart! amazing. the momma was actually sitting up for me yesterday, and she learned it on her own.  I have them trained not to be the barkers like many that I have seen. So they don't bark unless someone strange goes by the door, or someone knocks on the door.

I tell You when I get up to use the restroom in the middle of the night they scatter everywhere! It is so funny. We are all sleeping sound.. and I say I go to get up.. and they all fly to get out of My way! ;D ;D