Today I achieved ..... Part 1

Started by Kizzie, September 18, 2015, 08:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sienna

Today I achieved:
1. Going to help / volunteer at the stall the centre has that i volunteer at, at our local festival.
Very worried i would be triggered, and that it would be difficult being with X, and around others who don't know the truth about I'm and about what happened with us.
It wasn't that triggering, but was in bits, but I gave myself the option to just leave, if it got too difficult.-
So i am also achieving, feeling more free now out of the relationship,
as he doesn't have the right- (he never did, to try to fix it, or to..well, just try to fix things...which made me feel pressured)
I am allowing myself control to get away if i need to.
2. Telling X, *Im not going to discuss this with you, ok?*
Going off and having a break (yes, with a ciggy), but I was determined to not let him ruin my vibration and how i interact with others.
I know i stifled my anger, but i still had a good, though tiring day.

Danaus plexippus

This morning I went out on my back porch to water my plants. I heard a noise on my neighbor's side of the porch and figured he was taking out the recyclables or something. Then I heard birds, lots of birds. I know they have a dog, but I didn't know they had birds and what were they doing out on the porch. I walked over to the other side and was surprised to see about a dozen sparrows frantically trying to get out the closed windows. I didn't want to screw around with my neighbors stuff to get to his windows, so I walked back to my side and found two of the sparrows were already there trying to get out of my windows. I went back into my apartment to get a ladder, moved all my plants away from the window and tried to open the top so they could fly out. The top window had been painted shut and I could not budge it. Due to the meds my doc has me on I have a bad case of confusional arousal http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/news/20140825/sleep-drunkenness-is-common-and-linked-to-other-behavior-issues and totally forgot the top window was missing its glass since I moved in there. However there was the matter of the storm and screen windows in front of it. They were not painted shut, but had not been moved possibly ever, at least not by me. I was able to move the screen and the bottom storm window but I could not move the tab on the left side of the top window. I was able to unhinge it on the right, but I just couldn't get the other side to unlock and my fingers were starting to hurt from trying, so I got a screwdriver, but that was no help at all. Finally it occurred to me that sparrows are not flies. Sparrows are smart enough to go out the bottom window. Which they did, once I encouraged them all to fly over to my side of the porch. So there you have it. I fought my way through my psych med induced morning fog, accomplished the freeing of a small flock of sparrows trapped inside the porch and received a poop on my right hand for thanks. My dearly departed mother would say "That's good luck!" whenever a bird pooped on you. As she would have it, I got all green lights on my way to work today. Even the traffic light in the center of town that lasts for 90 seconds was green for me today. I hate that light. Thanks for the lucky poop little birdy. Should I repeat this in the "What are you grateful for today" thread? Maybe not.

arpy1

yay for what you achieved there, it's sometimes sheer determination to help something small and vulnerable makes us put in the extra strength to get past the brain meltdowns.  i liked reading this post, it made me feel glad. thank you!!  :hug: :yes:

Danaus plexippus

You're welcome. It was fun to write.

LookInside

I walked 4 miles with my puppy  :)

Sienna

Today i achieved....Going to the bank after i discovered my purse was not in my bag.
Asked to withdrew some cash, and cancelled my bank card.
Spoke to the dude about ordering another and asked for it to be sent here- not to my dads.
All involves interaction and I'm usually really nervous and avoid this as much as possible- but today, survival mode took over and i just did it.
Then i rang the park cafe to ask if my purse was there...(all which i hate doing!)
Know one else should, or will, take care of things for you. If i cant do it myself, I'm stuffed, and that happens. But today was not one of those days.

mourningdove

Sienna

Thank you Mourningdove  :) I hope your well.

Sienna

So do you Three Roses. Very much.  ;D  :thumbup:

Max

Getting 2016 behind me. Left with a tad of hope that 2017 will be better and a tad of motivation in doing my part to make it so.

Blueberry

I wanted to write what I achieved today, but it's so embarrassingly small and minor that I might beat myself up internally or even do some self-injury if I write it. But at least I'm writing that I achieved one of the things I had intended to do today.

Three Roses

Small victories are still victories. Good job, you!

Blueberry

Blueberry

Today I managed to not argue back in a situation where it was not going to help me.