Today I achieved ..... Part 1

Started by Kizzie, September 18, 2015, 08:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

AphoticAtramentous

I hope you guys don't mind me resurrecting a 4 month old thread, I really like the idea of it though.

And today I achieved: Well, managing to not freak out when I noticed my purse was not in its usual spot. So easy it is to assume the worst but I just reassured myself, take deep breaths, and think rationally. I had a hunch that it was in a shopping bag from a recent trip to the store, and as my family cleaned the house recently, they probably threw it in the bin. So I went outside and looked in the garbage, repeating over and over to myself that it's going to be fine, that I'll find it and if not, then I'll figure things out. But lo and behold, sorting a few plastic bags of rubbish and filth I found my purse right at the bottom.
(wipes sweat off forehead) >.>
Hooray for not panicking! ^^"

Three Roses

:applause: :applause:

I think this thread needed to be resurrected. :)

Blueberry

:yeahthat: Absolutely! A bit of focus on our achievements is very healthy, just like posting under Three Good Things.

In fact, note to the moderators:

I've wondered before whether the various threads like this one and I'm Grateful For... and What I like about Myself... shouldn't be over in Ideas for Recovery, just like Three Good Things.

Three Roses

Candid

Whoa, AphoticAtramentous. Purse in the garbage... Hooray for not panicking, indeed! And thanks for resurrecting this thread.  It's a good one.

Blueberry

1. I cried a little in the early hours of the morning
2. I cried much more in therapy
3. I came out the other side, so to speak
4. I made myself a huge pot of thick vegetable soup to eat tomorrow, the day after and maybe even the day after that
5. I washed the dishes (something I've been incapable of doing for a good few days)
6. I took down two of the recycling bins (which helps things get moving again)

alliematt

1. Getting to my counseling appointment.
2. Getting to the computer in order to proofread (the job I get paid for.)

I haven't proofed yet but will when I finish posting here.

Blueberry

:cheer: :cheer: Allie, I know how difficult it can be to do these types of things.

Sceal

Today I achieved reaching out to a friend when I felt really vulnerable.

AphoticAtramentous

Quote from: Sceal on September 28, 2017, 10:04:13 PM
Today I achieved reaching out to a friend when I felt really vulnerable.
:applause:
I can understand how hard that is. Good on you!

----

I managed to achieve some productivity, not just today but within the past few days.
Worked shifts, sent mail, cleaned things up, posted a bit on the forums here, started writing a new resume, started a letter, and now I think I'm going to draw a bit.  ;D Just some sketching.

Sceal

Sounds like you have been doing quite alot Aphotic! You are doing great! 😊

I went swimming. In a pool! With other people!

Blueberry

1) I got up eventually
2) I opened the shutters (in one room I tend to leave them closed) to let in some light and help me feel less depressed
3) I checked my emails and responded to one
4) Did some much needed care of little furries
5) I read way back in my paper Journal which helps me sort out what's so difficult now
6) I phoned my doc to change an appointment
7) Started a load of laundry (it's still in the machine)

I know it's not much in the general scheme of things, but it's a lot on a day like this.

sigiriuk

I looked at the Just Having a DIFFICULT DAY,  and shared my experiences, and tried to give support.