Today I achieved ..... Part 1

Started by Kizzie, September 18, 2015, 08:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

Quote from: Slim on May 27, 2018, 10:25:33 AM
I looked at the Just Having a DIFFICULT DAY,  and shared my experiences, and tried to give support.

:thumbup:,
and from me as Mod big thanks!! Handing over bouquet of flowers  :hug:

Sceal

My body managed to sleep until 08.00 this morning!

sigiriuk

I am learning to take myself seriously - not bullying myself, not shouting at myself, but being thoughtful about my needs, resolved to help myself.........it's a lot easier to type it than actually do it!
Slim

Kizzie

LOL, it is harder to do it than type it I agree.  Glad to hear you're giving it a whirl though Slim  :applause:   :cheer:    :thumbup:

Blueberry

I spoke to a shop where I would like to try out working and have an appointment to try out on Tuesday.

eightpartqueen

I took my puppy to the dog park for the first time in her little life. She had the best time and socialized way better than I ever do. :) But I also socialized with other dog owners while there... So I consider that a win.

Blueberry

1) I woke up with the ability to and impetus for doing some things for myself, a thing which has been sorely lacking recently. I made the decision to move forward with that instead of going up to the farm to help.

2) I finally arranged an appointment with a bicycle shop with a special ergonomics program because some of my body parts go numb when I cycle more than 10-15 km. It's neither healthy medium- to long-term nor conducive to cycling for pleasure atm. So this is great self-care :cheer:

3) I got a new prescription for orthodpedic insoles and took it to an orthopedic soles' manufacturer right away. The previous one I got in April I just never took to the manufacturer so eventually it became invalid. So more self-care :)

4) Wed., thurs, Fri i've taken my meds

5) After my meds today I had the impulse to go back to bed (despite achievement no.1) but I managed to get rid of that impulse by finding the next easiest thing to do, which was washing the dishes while listening to music.

6) I took a letter to the post-office, also finally. Been waiting around for 2 weeks.

And it's not even noon yet.  :)

Elphanigh

Way to go Blueberry!!  :cheer:

I have already stood up for myself this morning, and spent time just loving myself a bit more. Which is huge for me

Blueberry

1) I planted my redcurrants in their final place, dug up a rose and holly hocks and re-planted them as well. I got started on digging up my blackcurrant bush. It's not easy unfortunately, so was taking a while.

2) I continued my progress from yesterday by finding it amusing that my landlords said I didn't need to move anything more out of the bed where my redcurrants had been and blackcurrants still are, because the construction work they're doing ends at the bed. Then they proceeded to get concrete all over most of the bed ??? They did carefully avoid damaging my blackcurrant bush though :party: I don't need to live off my garden so I'm just not taking it too seriously. This is continued progress, there must be some re-wiring going on  :applause:  :thumbup:  :cheer:

3) I also did some more sorting out - a few books - but every little bit helps.

Phoebes

A much needed shift in mindset. When flashbacks came up, I dealt with the feelings rather than dissociate and numb. Peeling back the onion of the severity of the abuse already (not on purpose) and moreso it's effects and why I have done some of the things I've done to sabotage myself. Last weekend I went on a long hike and had a long talk with myself which included all of the negative effects of alcohol, and the positive effects of exercise. Since then, I have not drank, but have exercised, created a schedule, and eaten healthfully. I've even managed to sleep more soundly. I hate to say anything- don't want to jinx it, but I'm grateful for this loss of interest in alcohol all of a sudden.

milk

1 steamed coconut milk is my morning wake up drink
2 I woke up to write about a new character: yumi (characters come to me as images first then I describe them)
3 goal set for mid morning 3 mile walk from hill to sea

milk

This thread is helping me to get comfortable with posting on OOTS - I have read many stories, some are triggering and that’s ok (EF management is working - thank you Pete Walker), I am getting comfortable with how I am in this space. I need OOTS, its giving me practice in voicing who I am.

Noticing that I made it to the canyon everyday this week
I am halfway through a legal case that opens up possibility for me (its going well); lifechanging
Taking small steps to recover a healthy way to be with an abuser in my FOO
I am letting spontaneous healthy constructive activities change my routine to let something new take hold
Started packing and tossing things I dont need, to prepare for relocation

milk

turned around a bad day - irony is the word (will share it when I am ready)

I was perplexed at an EF that wont go away (triggered by my environment; I live in a rough city)  - the cloud of loneliness is gone; its not real - I am breathing

Felt an emotional binge come on but didn’t go there - I feel GREAT - eating everything but meat and little to no sugar feels more like me  :bighug:

milk

I reached out to good people for help with my career and they are showing up
I was able to connect with someone who rarely has the opportunity to be seen as he is, because  in public others  project what they want to see in him — he was grateful for the authenticity
2hrs of yoga on the beach

Boy22

Quote from: : on October 18, 2018, 01:12:50 AM
I reached out to good people for help with my career and they are showing up
I was able to connect with someone who rarely has the opportunity to be seen as he is, because  in public others  project what they want to see in him — he was grateful for the authenticity
2hrs of yoga on the beach
2 hours of yoga on the beach.

You got me there.  :cheer: