Information about Recovery
« on: September 25, 2015, 08:52:54 PM »
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 06:42:50 PM by Kizzie »

Dutch Uncle

• Slowly freeing myself of a burden.
    • View Profile
Re: Taking Breaks
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 03:38:19 AM »
That site* (Sundown Healing Arts) is a gem, isn't it.

I think it took me half a year, or maybe even a whole year until I had read all articles.
At first many didn't appeal to me at all. But the more I delved into 'coming out of the FOG/Storm' the more articles seemed to be relevant to the 'new state' I had come into, when I had taken yet another step, the FOG had lifted another bit so to say. And so on.

I'm glad to see that quite a few articles from her have found their way to the various 'stickies' with recourses.
I wish many people will find them helpful along their journey of recovery.
I still return to them regularly.

:thumbup:

*) edit: clarification of the site I referred to, since now more resources have been added by Kizzie  :thumbup:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 01:41:37 PM by Dutch Uncle »

MaryAnn

• Skipper, Are you asleep?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 05:44:28 AM »
Thank you Kizzie!  :thumbup:

This is a great article and I look forward to reading many more.   I just had a session with my therapist this week.  He told me that over the 2 years that he has known me that he has ever only seen me truly relaxed one time.  Unfortunately, that one time was not a result of a positive event.  I was relaxed because I had come to terms with a plan that we will not talk about and felt at peace with myself.... It might have been the only or one of very few times that I actually have been relaxed, not tensed up and hypervigilant.  I remember what it felt like this time around but can't seem to figure out how to do it naturally as a result of positive thoughts and feelings of self-worth and having any value.  I will read this article many times and ingrain this in my head to use a tool going forward to help me with rest and relaxation, actually taking a break every once in while! :yes:

Lol,  MaryAnn   :hug:

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 01:54:48 AM »
Thanks Dutch for leading me (us) to the site (Sundown Healing Arts - http://www.traumahealed.com/index.html), what I've read so far is fabulous :yes:  She captures nuance and compassion for one's self like no-one else can.  If she were closer I would see her in a heartbeat.

The article really is a good reminder and so validating isn't it MaryAnn? I find the articles I have read so far are all that way.  The kindness and compassion she reminds us to have for ourselves is definitely a message most of us can benefit from.  We should print copies of it in a giant font and post it around the house! 

:hug:   
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 05:56:52 PM by Kizzie »

fairyslipper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 08:38:06 AM »
So good!!! Thank you so much for sharing that.  :hug:

Sweetsixty

• View Profile
Re: Information about Recovery
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 09:11:01 AM »
Thank you Kizzie, just what I needed x

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 06:48:14 PM »
Hi Sweet Sixty - haven't 'seen' you in a while - welcome back!   :hug:

Sweetsixty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 09:10:35 PM »
Thanks Kizzie, I've been around but I'm a terrible lurker I'm afraid! Been working hard on recovery with intense periods of psychotherapy in the last 18 months. Now I've retired I decided to dedicate my time to it in a last ditch attempt to heal. Took a while to realise it can't be fast tracked and is a life long commitment lol.

I'm getting there though :-)

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2015, 01:09:16 AM »
Glad to hear you're making progress SS!    :hug: