Hello

Started by London, October 15, 2014, 10:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

London

Hello, I have CPtsd and a diagnosis of psychosis...I struggle a lot with my mental illness and get support from mental health services..there are differing views of my illness depending on who I am speaking to I.e. that my.experience of psychosis is actually flashbacks etc but I think I experience both as the voices I hear and things I see are not always related to flashbacks...anyway I'm hoping that I can learn some things on this support forum and hopefully even share things that will be of help to others...thanks

AndyT

Hi London,

It is a common for misdiagnosis of CPTSD amongst the mental health community. I have come across this so many times, I would make one suggestion think of cPTSD as an injury rather than an illness. This may appear small potatoes but it makes a difference.

I have found that treatment and understanding of the injury is sadly lacking in the NHS. There is a new PTSD clinic that has been setup in Brighton (I assume you are in London UK) may be worth checking out).

Rain

Hello London,

AndyT brought up the misdiagnosis of illnesses that really are CPTSD, and to think of it as an injury. I know that is helpful for me to remember!

Say London, have you read or heard of Pete Walker's CPTSD: From Surviving to Thriving book, and his web site www.pete-walker.com ?   Many of us here follow the map to recovery in his book / web site.

Welcome, London!    :hug:

schrödinger's cat

Hi London, and welcome. I hope you'll find something helpful here.  :wave:

LONDON UK

Thanks everyone for your welcome, had to change my user name to LONDON UK as forgot my password and spent two days trying to set password but to no avail...just to let you know this is still me :wave:

LONDON UK

Rain...yes have read quite a lot of Pete Walkers stuff on his website....sometimes though (well a lot of times really)!! being armed with knowledge all goes out the window when your mind takes over...I struggle a lot with trying to regulate my actions and emotions..is a constant battle...maybe a subject for a post on another page...

LONDON UK

Thanks AndyT...yes am in London..go to Brighton pretty regularly so will read up on it...

Kizzie