Weird Vibes In Therapy

Started by Tork999, September 29, 2015, 10:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tork999

I am new but have been lurking for a while. I would like some input please based on some weird stuff going on in therapy.

I apologize if I am not posting in the right place. I am an empath and very sensitive to the vibes of other people. My therapist is, too, as one may expect.

There have been many times when I pick up a very strong sexual energy coming off of her. I am not imaging it - I know there is something to be said for energy coming off of one's root chakra, but this is very intense and distracting to me. It has maybe happened two or three times in the last six months. I am too embarassed to say anything, but I am also new to all of this kind of perception and am not sure how to react. I don't know if she knows that it's happening, but I think based on some of her movements (changing positions in her chair, for example) that she is picking up on it, too. I have told her before that I pick up a lot of energy from her, but that is all. I would prefer to ignore it but has anyone else had this happen?

Dyess

The best thing would be to talk to her about it. It may be a little uncomfortable but how are you going to get the best care if this distraction is there? If its too uncomfortable to talk about maybe you should find another T. You are paying for this time and it needs to be quality time with getting you better. Something you may want to think about.