Dreaming about Nfamily (NM mainly) every single night

Started by flyingfree, October 07, 2015, 12:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indigochild

Hi Sleepingwolf

I just can not believe this!!! I feel more connected too.
Makes sense about them being out to get you. I always thought everyone was, but unlike my parents said, it wasnt my fault and just me in my head, i was made to feel that way.

I havent done any artwork on this - i feel like my creativity is very blocked, but it sounds good and I'm glad its helped you a little.
It would be good to do that to get these scary drams our of my system. They dont sound that scary to my partner or to me when i say it outloud, but its hard to explain the feeling of fear felt through out the dreams.
:hug:

sleepingwolf

Indigo:

I'm glad you feel connected too, thats real good to hear!  :hug:
Yea, I can understand and relate about seeing everyone as potentially dangerous. I'm sorry to hear about it too.

I'm sorry to hear your creativity is blocked, that must be hard. I've felt that way at some points in my life, and for me it has just slowly eased away by taking a gentle and nice approach to it. Yea, I can relate that things don't sound too scary once you are out of it. I guess with the art approach that happens a bit too. At the start of drawing or creating something its really scary and highly charged, and by the time you've finished you feel much calmer and much more open about the subject. Drawing or creating based on dreams sounds awesome too! A really cool project!

Good luck with it all.  :hug:

Crochet Addict

I have recurring dreams that tend to follow a theme. I'm escaping my childhood home but I'm driving a different car and it operates differently. Or I'm punching my mother in the face until my hand hurts and then I switch hands. I'm not a violent person in real life at all- this one disturbs me. My parents were mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually abusive throughout most of my adolescence and teen years, and my mother continues to be mentally and emotionally abusive. The escape dream I think is rooted in my actual experience of leaving home against my parents' wishes to attend trade school and live with my fiancĂ©. The punching dream I think is tied to ongoing emotional and mental abuse from my mother. My father died years ago, but we made amends and had a good relationship when I was no longer living with my parents. I treat these dreams as things that are trying to teach me something so that I can heal. Generally, once I heal the issue or fix the problem, they stop. I've had recurring dreams like this but different for most of my adult life. When my grandmother was dying and I was pregnant, I dreamt I was preparing my family to survive a tornado that was coming. I think my subconscious mind takes over and does some of the healing/emotional release work that I can't do in my waking life. Because obviously I'm not going to slug my mother! 

no_more_fear

I relate and sympathise, Crochet Addict. I dream of my FOO alot too, not every night but close enough. When I remember something new or want to tell my FOO about yet another thing that she did that affected me greatly, I'll usually dream about her and argue with her about the point I've been wishing I could make. So I seem to get some resoution in my deams,  if you know what I mean. Do you find your dreaams cathartic at all?

Danaus plexippus

Dear Flyingfree,

I keep a dream journal. I have been fascinated with dreams since I was a child. I taped a symbol to the wall at the foot of my bed to remind me to remember my dreams. I had the dream where you wake up shaking and are unable to remember what it was about.  :blink: Very disturbing! I don't want to know what it was about, but why did our subconscious create something so horrible that our minds dissociated from it's own creation? What was the point of wasting our precious dream time? Before they had a name for it, I practiced recognizing when I was dreaming and influencing the direction of the dream. Kati Morton has a YouTube video describing how to direct dreams. Sorry I don't have the link, but search her site and you will find much that is helpful.

Sincerely,
Danaus

P.S. I have severe dyslexia and at first had read your name as Flying Tree and envisioned all these beautiful winged Ents (Lord of the Rings) for your avatar.