Parenting

Started by steamy, September 27, 2015, 08:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steamy

Does anybody else have young kids and if so does your extensive reading of psychology and experience with your own parents influence the way you treat your kids? Does it therefore conflict with your spouse's opinion?

I am finding this very difficult as I see my partner behaving in ways that might influence my child. She refguses to discuss anything and objects to reading any literature that I recommend to her and thinks that she has no problems. Her mother is an insomniac and my partner has chronic constipation, father and daughter both become mr. Hyde when they get behind the wheel, so I surmise that all is not what you see. I am fairly convinced of the inevitable decline of our relationship if she continues to ignore my point of view.

I have to admit that I am oversensitive to things relating to my kids, but I have always been open about my PTSD / cptsd.

Or son has epilepsy and autism so needs the support of both parents but I really can't put up with the arrogant blinkered attitude. I do think that relationship therapy would be a great idea but I doubt if she would come.

Anybody else had or having similar experiences?