How does your inner critic communicate with you?

Started by Sasha2727, September 28, 2014, 01:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainydaze

I don't always hear it, I've just come to learn that when I feel wrong or panicky it's probably the inner critic talking deep inside.

Boatsetsailrose, I completely understand what you mean about the hyper vigilance when it comes to other people. I get very socially anxious as a result and automatically assume the worst in situations where there is absolutely no danger. Unfortunately I randomly panic in the middle of normal conversations with people and it must be evident that I'm uncomfortable as my face flushes and I start shaking, so then the inner critic kicks in and starts shaming me for looking so weak and weird. The classic one is, "What must the other person think of this over the top response?!" It's very socially painful. It's hard to control too and is far worse when I'm tired, stressed or hungry.

Boatsetsailrose

By telling me I'm not good enough and compares me (in its perfectionist state ) to other people's good bits -

Lately I've been connecting in with what the truth is in my spirit and it never is what the critic says -

Ic makes me feel bad and despondent --

Is good to see this all so clearly now and know it is not the truth

'I am competent capable and worthy